Municipal Law/Public Works Construction Litigator - Los Angeles
June 05, 2019
LEWIS BRISBOIS BISGAARD & SMITH LLP seeks a three or more years municipal law/public works construction litigator to join the Real Estate and Public Agency Law practice groups in its Los Angeles Office. If you have successful stand-up courtroom experience, solid analytical writing skills, a history of positive client service, and are willing to aggressively represent your clients without being unpleasant, we may have a place for you on our team.
We are looking for a smart, dedicated self-starter as comfortable with delivering good news as bad. You should be familiar with and have experience in land use, infrastructure, CEQA, or construction law. You need to know the ins and outs of the Code of Civil Procedure, the Evidence Code, the Civil Code, and the Public Contract Code.
- Familiarity with construction processes and methods
- Familiarity with public agencies and their rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of CEQA process
- Insightful analytical skills
- Demonstrable persuasive and legal argument skills
- Ability to think on your feet
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Exceptional organizational skills, including time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Dedication to excellent client service
- Admission to the California Bar
Graduation from accredited post-secondary institution and law school is a must, as are strong academic credentials.
- Experience with administrative law in California and at the federal level
- Basic environmental knowledge, including engineering and science fundamentals
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Responsive to internal and external clients
- Ability to adjust approach dependent on your audience
- Ability to think creatively
Please submit resume, professional references, and writing sample to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search