Litigation Secretary - Chicago
February 12, 2020
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national law firm that is seeking a professional, proactive, strong litigation secretary with a minimum of three years’ experience to join its Chicago office.
Eligible candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Experience with both State and Federal courts, including knowledge of CM/ECF and Odyssey e-filing procedures
- 3+ years of defense litigation experience, including trial
- Proficient in Microsoft Word 2007 or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with calendaring/ scheduling for multiple attorneys
- Organized, reliable, and attentive to detail
- Initiative and willingness to be a team player are important assets for this busy desk
- Familiarity with NetDocs is a plus
- Ability to type at least 55+ WPM
List of Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Perform secretary functions for attorneys requiring knowledge of format, procedures and legal terminology.
- Transcribe information from typed or handwritten notes, or dictation. Ensure that grammar, spelling and citations are accurate and formatted correctly.
- Prepare, edit, proofread and maintain a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to, correspondence, motions, subpoenas, opinions, complaints, declarations, discovery requests and pleadings associated with discovery and trial preparation.
- Schedule appointments, depositions, conference calls, site inspections, medical examinations and other various appointments, including travel and company-related business for the attorneys assigned to the desk.
- Order court reporters, interpreters, videographers and conference rooms, as needed.
- Prepare and process check requests, expense reimbursement requests, invoices, AP/AR information and other financial documents are required.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Open new matters and close files as required by attorneys associated with desk assignment.
- This is a high volume, fast-paced, challenging position and all desks are heavy litigation, with an attorney to secretary ratio of 3 to 1.
- Must have experience in defense litigation and trial preparation.
- Candidates should be comfortable working with a variety of computer software programs and be capable of quickly learning new ones as needed.
- Candidates must be able to work independently and have proven experience in supporting 3 attorneys efficiently.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Amanda.Walsh@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search