Litigation Paralegal – Minneapolis
September 08, 2021
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, a national law firm with over 50 offices, has an exciting opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal in its downtown Minneapolis office in the Wells Fargo Center!
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work hand-in-hand with attorneys on case planning, development, and management
- Review and organize all records, documents, and deposition testimony to ensure completeness of all file materials – extensive document management
- Analysis and summary of medical and billing records
- Draft correspondence, discovery, discovery responses, mediation and arbitration briefs, pleadings, motions, and reports upon request of attorney
- Interact with opposing counsel
- Review and summarize information relevant to the case obtained through discovery requests, depositions and records
- Prepare notices of depositions and subpoenas
- Prepare and submit requests for medical, billing, employment, tax, workers’ comp, and other records
- Assist with preparation and production of quarterly reports and/or other client reporting
- Manage and track client documents, expert records, depositions, and other case materials
- Work with outside vendors like court reporters, experts, document collection vendors, and others
- Monitor calendar, and send reminders and alerts as needed to team members
- Assist with preparation for depositions, oral arguments, and trial as necessary
Requirements include the following:
- 3-5 years of substantive trial and litigation experience; Products Liability experience is preferred
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program or Bachelor’s degree
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with large document productions (Bates labeling, redacting sensitive information pursuant to HIPAA guidelines)
- Expected to bill a minimum of 1,600 hours annually
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of trial; case management, document review, and trial experience
- Proficiency in e-discovery and litigation support tools such as Relativity
To be considered, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: MinnRecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.lewisbrisbois.com.
No agencies or phone calls please.
LBBS does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies with respect to the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact LBBS's human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to LBBS. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and LBBS. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of LBBS. LBBS shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.Back to Career Search