General Liability Paralegal – Los Angeles
May 02, 2019
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is seeking a professional, proactive Litigation Paralegal to join their Downtown Los Angeles firm's dynamic growing General Liability Group. Responsibilities for the Litigation Paralegal will include — but are not limited to — litigation case management, preparing filings and documents, page line deposition summaries, trial prep, and legal research.
- Minimum of 5+ years of substantive litigation experience
- Experienced, well-organized and independent paralegal to provide support to the attorneys in the General Liability Group
- Expected to bill a minimum of 1600 hours annually
- Flexibility to work overtime
- E-filing experience in state and federal courts
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of trial; case management, doc review and trial experience.
- Candidates must comply with the California paralegal code to be considered.
- Proficiency in e-discovery and litigation support tools such as Concordance
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple priorities and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Litigation paralegal will exercise excellent judgment and decision-making skills, strong organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Strong experience with subpoenas, reviewing medical records, and research. Performs any and all other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm. Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Ability to work directly with partners, associates, co-counsel and clients. Ability to delegate tasks and engage firm resources in the completion of large projects. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment. Ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with computerized litigation databases. Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and/or Lexis.
All candidates should submit their resume, a writing sample and cover letter (indicating what position and office location you are applying for) to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting.Back to Career Search