Financial Analyst - Los Angeles
April 02, 2021
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Finance team in our Los Angeles office.
We offer an excellent rewards package that includes competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits. The Financial Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with other firm management and personnel to provide support to various functional areas across the firm. The Financial Analyst plays an integral role providing accounting, finance and analytical support - including designing and providing monthly and ad hoc analysis, reports and queries - to the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance, Management Committee and Compensation Committee. Additionally, the Financial Analyst designs, analyzes, generates, prepares and distributes reports and analyses for a variety of other departments including payroll, human resources, benefits, compensation, tax and staffing. Excellent analytical ability, communication, interaction and a high degree of customer focus is required in order to effectively and efficiently provide accurate and timely work product and to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 3+ years directly related work experience in a fast paced accounting environment.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel (formulas, pivots…). Strong hands-on background and knowledge of: SQL and other programming and query languages and tools; PowerPoint, and finance and accounting concepts.
- Law firm experience ideal; otherwise professional services experience strongly preferred; insurance industry and insurance defense experience very desirable.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field required.
- Ability to create, edit, summarize and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and working with and analyzing large amounts of complex dynamic data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively interact and communicate with various levels of personnel and functional areas.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Perform with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
All candidates should submit their resume and cover letter (indicating what position and office location you are applying for) to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting.Back to Career Search