Executive Assistant/Paralegal - Los Angeles
December 03, 2018
The Los Angeles Office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant/Paralegal to support a high-profile practice group leader in an exciting and public-service focused practice.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on issues of public importance including water law and environmental law, and will be a team member with superior organizational and interpersonal skills and a “can-do” attitude.
The Executive Assistant’s duties will include the following:
Gatekeeping and Scheduling
- Gatekeeping is a significant responsibility of the executive assistant. In this capacity, the executive assistant will field phone calls, takes requests for meetings and coordinate various aspects of communication within the firm and with clients as necessary.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the partner's schedule is followed.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Set up and coordinate logistics for meetings, both internally and externally, from securing conference rooms and setting up conference lines to sophisticated AV and virtual team communication.
Email and Other Correspondence
- Proactively field and sort partner’s correspondence, including email
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters and other routine correspondence
- Take organized, accurate notes and compose correspondence on behalf of the partner
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the partner, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Recommend or undertake the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Preparation of organized binders and folders for transactions, research, and litigation.
- Basic legal research using a database such as Lexis/Nexis or Westlaw to identify and pull California laws and cases, perform docket searches, obtain court filings.
- Internet research.
- Preparation of draft pleadings and law and motion paperwork, review and finalization of litigation papers, filing and service.
- Assist the partner with other daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include preparing expense reports, meeting agendas, arranging travel plans, file organization, compiling documents and reports for meetings, and assisting with aspects of marketing, recruiting, and client development.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Prior law firm experience.
- Paralegal Certificate with current/recent paralegal experience and experience billing hours.
- Strong preference given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Positive, can-do attitude is a must! Interest or experience in public service or environmental issues a plus.
All candidates should submit their resume, a writing sample and cover letter (indicating what position and office location you are applying for) to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting.Back to Career Search