Billing Specialist – Orange County
September 22, 2022
The Orange County based Billing Specialist will enjoy a collaborative environment, unique culture which provides autonomy, work-life balance all while working with some of the brightest and highly skilled legal billing specialists around the country. If this reads like a role you would be interested in, please read on.
Billing Specialist will be required to accurately and efficiently edit, prepare and execute monthly prebills and subsequent invoices for submission to clients. Excellent communication and provision of a high level of professional service to Management, Attorneys and other staff are required in order to successfully process monthly billing. Must have a high quality level of customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires various interactions with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Must understand and demonstrate all facets of the billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include split billing.
- 2 to 4 or more years hands-on billing experience preferably in a law firm environment, including 1 to 3 or more years electronic billing experience.
- Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal accounting software experience. eBillingHub experience a plus.
- Hands on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and outside counsel guidelines.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to create, edit, and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers and being a team player.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Multi-task, use time efficiently and perform professionally and at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast paced ever-changing work environment, and successfully prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
- High school diploma required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please send resumes to Martin.Ervin@LewisBrisbois.comBack to Career Search