Accounts Receivable Clerk – Los Angeles
September 06, 2019
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,400 attorneys and 50 offices in 27 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 15th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. We are currently searching for an Accounts Receivable Clerk. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be required to provide ongoing support to the Accounts Receivable Department by providing assistance with a variety of clerical related duties. The duties include:
- Handling all incoming mail.
- Responsible for calling clients to get more payment information of unidentified check(s).
- Responsible for scanning all checks that have been entered to the system.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the A/R Department.
- Responsible for making copies of checks for deposit, when necessary.Responsible for checks and answering queries if needed.
- 3 to 5 or more years of hands-on clerical experience in a law firm environment. A minimum of 5 years in an office environment, preferred.
- Experience with Elite, LawTime, Prolaw, Aderant, or equivalent accounting software experience is a plus.
- Must have strong technology skills and particularly strong skills in a service oriented office environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and the ability to prepare ad hoc reports and requests as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to research and resolve errors or discrepancies, effectively and efficiently.
- Aptitude for working with numbers.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, as well as strength in the area of proofreading.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimal direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Must have an exemplary customer service mindset and interaction and proactive communication skills. Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
MORE ABOUT LEWIS BRISBOIS:
The Firm is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. The Firm seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
All candidates should submit their resume to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting. High school diploma is required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plusBack to Career Search