Accounts Payable Clerk – Los Angeles
August 13, 2019
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,400 attorneys and 50 offices in 27 states.
We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 9th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. We offer an excellent rewards package that includes competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits.
As a result of growth and expansion, we currently have opportunities for an Accounts Payable Clerk in our firm-wide A/P department in downtown Los Angeles. Under the guidance of the Accounts Payable Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisor the position performs aspects of the Firm’s full cycle accounts payable process to ensure all invoices for the Firm are processed and paid timely and accurately, ensuring compliance to department policies and procedures, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include complex billing arrangements. The Accounts Payable Clerk position works within the department to perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to processing check requests, opening mail, delivering checks, assisting the department with data entry or scanning, collating and mailing vendor checks and expense reimbursements.
Strong analytical ability, communication, interaction and a high level of professional service to clients, vendors, management, attorneys, secretaries and other staff in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high volume and dynamic environment is required in order to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Full-Time.
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
The position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Assistant Manager or Supervisor. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following is intended to describe the general nature of the job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed below are considered daily functions associated with this position:
- Daily processing of vendor invoices which includes scanning invoices and data entry into the Accounts Payable software program.
- Review invoices for back-up documentation and approvals prior to payment.
- Process daily check requests.
- Open, sort and distribute mail on a daily basis to department members.
- Deliver rush checks to attorneys/secretaries within the Los Angeles office.
- Collate and mail vendor checks printed on a weekly basis.
- Collate and send expense reimbursements via interoffice envelopes to outside offices.
- Maintain a log of checks mailed out on a daily basis.
- Print invoices from Accounts Payable email box daily.
- Assist department with data entry or scanning as needed.
- Work with Accounts Payable Manager, Assistant Manager and Supervisor on any issues that arise concerning missing checks.
- Provide support to attorneys, secretaries and others regarding client charges, vendor payments, expense reimbursements and rush requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office; comfort with a variety of Accounting software programs; knowledge of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Understand and appropriately apply the Firm’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self motivated, comfortable working with numbers and accounting documentation, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through oral and written means.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven and dynamic environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Accounting preferred; or equivalent work experience combined with college level Accounting courses.
- 1-2+ years experience working in an office / accounting environment.
- Experience working in a Law firm preferred; Insurance Defense experience desirable.
- Aderant (or equivalent) accounting software experience. Working knowledge of Accounting systems.
Occasional lifting of heavy paperwork such as checks. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or carrying.
MORE ABOUT LEWIS BRISBOIS:
We offer legal practice in more than 35 specialties and a multitude of subspecialties associated with each practice area. Our national practice is sophisticated, multi-faceted, and well versed in current legal trends, while our individual state practices provide vast resources and knowledge of procedural and legal nuances. Lewis Brisbois is known for its commitment to principled advocacy, an unflinching work ethic, and unyielding recognition of our duty to provide the highest level of service to our clients, who choose us because we take the time to understand their business interests and philosophies. The same service standards are also the objective for our functional and staff professional departments. Diversity is also an integral part of our culture and daily life, and Lewis Brisbois has repeatedly received national recognition for our commitment to embracing diversity, including recent rankings by Law360 as the 3rd best firm in the United States for diversity and 4th best for women.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter containing your salary requirements to LARecruiterAP@lewisbrisbois.com and include “Accounts Payable Clerk” in the subject line.Back to Career Search