Lewis Brisbois’ Corporate practice is well positioned to serve our clients’ corporate and business law needs in a comprehensive yet efficient manner, utilizing, as needed, our many office locations through the country. Our lawyers take a business approach to transactions and counseling and are accustomed to working within budgets on tight deadlines for large, mid size and small companies and investors.
As demanded in today’s increasingly complex business environment, our resources include in-house experts in many related specialty areas of practice at the ready to work as a coordinated team for the benefit of our clients in a wide range of corporate and business transactions.
Our Corporate practice group can also serve as outside General or Special Counsel, to coordinate and handle all legal aspects of your business, bringing in specialized experts as needed—not just responding to problems as they arise, but also spotting potential issues and addressing them proactively with cost-effective solutions. We take a problem solving approach to business law, and our lawyers understand the role they can play helping clients grow their companies and create wealth through mergers, acquisitions as well as sound contract and risk management.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Business Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Bank Loans & Financings
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investing
- Software, Internet and Digital Media and Technology Transactions Licensing and Business Methods.
- Healthcare Transactions involving Hospitals , Physician Practice Groups, and Other health Service Organizations
- Securities Issuances
- Regulation D Private Placements
- Business Contracts
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Stock Option & Deferred Compensation Plans
- Real Estate Acquisition and Financing
- Trusts & Estates
- Corporate Governance
- Entity Formations: S-corps, C-corps, LLCs
- “Good Standing” Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance: Gramm-Leach-Bliley; Sarbanes-Oxley
- General Counsel Advice
Our Corporate practice group advises clients regarding: choice of business entity and entity formation, corporate governance, corporate finance, federal and state securities, regulations, stock option and deferred compensation plans, commercial law and finance, secured transactions, equipment leasing, international business law matters, and handling mergers & acquisitions and other company reorganizations.
We assist clients that range from start-up companies to large and long established corporations. We also represent a large number of not-for-profit organizations, notably in religious and educational activities.
To meet the unique needs of our clients, our attorneys have developed significant knowledge in a number of specific industries. Our work in these areas is often performed in conjunction with attorneys from other Lewis Brisbois practice areas. We have particular proficiency in the following industries:
- Architects & Engineers
- Construction Industry Businesses
- Energy Companies
- Entertainment Companies
- Government and Public Agencies
- Healthcare Organizations and Physicians
- Insurance Carriers and Brokers
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Manufacturing Companies
- Real Estate Developers
- Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Software and Video Game Companies
- Technology Companies
- Transportation: Aviation, Maritime, Automotive and Trucking
- June 05, 2015 Representations and Warranties Insurance in Deals: What Is It and Why Would You Need It?
- April 22, 2015 Representations and Warranties Insurance: What Is It and Why Would You Need It?
- April 14, 2014 The New Way You Sign – And You Didn’t Even Know It
- February 19, 2014 Florida’s New Limited Liability Company Act
- May 26, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Advises Estenson in $300M Acquisition
- May 08, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Welcomes Brian Cooper in Denver
- April 24, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Welcomes John Heber in Fort Lauderdale
- March 19, 2015 Craig Holden Featured On NPR Station KPCC 89.3