- Email: Justin.Zimmerman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7292
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Justin Zimmerman is an associate in the Madison County, Illinois office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Environmental & Toxic Tort Practices. In addition, Mr. Zimmerman defends clients throughout central and southern Illinois on various matters of tort liability including wrongful foreclosure, premises, and automotive claims. Mr. Zimmerman is involved in all aspects of defending these cases, including the drafting of dispositive motions, deposing plaintiffs and key fact witnesses, and arguing dispositive motions. Mr. Zimmerman also has experience handling trust and estates, family law, real estate and general practice matters.
During law school, Mr. Zimmerman was a 711 law clerk for the Madison County State’s Attorney’s office taking multiple bench trials to verdict. He was also law clerk at Webber & Thies, P.C. in Urbana, IL.
- April 11, 2017 Justin Zimmerman Named to Development Board
- University of Illinois Elder Law Journal, Associate Editor
- Incentivizing Work at Older Ages: The Need for Social Security Reform, 19 Elder L.J. 485 (2012).
- Marlow v. Sawyer, No. 16-CV-1088-JPG-DGW, (S.D. Ill. Jan. 24, 2018) – secured a verdict worth 8% of Plaintiff’s final settlement demand and 40% of Defendant’s final offer in a federal jury trial with punitive damages at issue and admitted liability.
- Lunsford v. Unique Personnel Services, et al., – (secured dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims by successfully arguing that Plaintiff’s cause of action was barred by prior contract), Madison County, Illinois (premises liability, contract law, November 2016).
- Rozumek v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al., – Motion to Dismiss Based on Lack of Personal Jurisdiction, Southern District of Illinois (product liability, June 2015)
- Morrical v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al., – Summary Judgment, Southern District of Illinois (product liability, March 2015)
- McNeal v. City of Hayti, et al.– Motion to Dismiss Third-Party Petition, Circuit Court for New Madrid County, Missouri (construction defect, December 2014)
- Dalton v. First United Pentecostal Church– Summary Judgment, Circuit Court for Marion County, Illinois (premises liability, October 2014).
- State v. Haegele, July 15, 2011, Madison County, IL (First chair on complex criminal matter resulting in successful verdict.)
United States District Court - Southern District of Illinois
United States District Court - Eastern District of Missouri
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
University of Illinois College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2012
Maryville University of St. Louis
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, summa cum laude, 2009