- Email: Yoko.Yamamoto@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.0976
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Yoko Yamamoto is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Japan Practice Group. Her practice is primarily concentrated in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith litigation.
Ms. Yamamoto provides counsel to domestic and international insurers in complex coverage issues arising under insurance policies, including commercial general liability, directors & officers, commercial property, professional liability, and environmental coverage. Her experience includes litigating complex insurance coverage matters for insurers in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitrations.
Ms. Yamamoto is frequently called upon to analyze coverage issues, including triggers of coverage, additional insured endorsements, priority of coverage, and anti-subrogation. Additionally, she regularly authors coverage opinions and coverage position letters.
Ms. Yamamoto is fluent in Japanese and assists Lewis Brisbois' Japanese clients.
- "Employer's Belief That The Injured Employee's Exclusive Remedy Was Under The Workers' Compensation Law Is Not Reasonable And Does Not Excuse A Failure To Give Timely Notice," CM Report, October 2011
- "Oral Agreement To Procure Insurance May Trigger Additional Insured Coverage Despite 'Written' Requirement In Additional Insured Endorsement," CM Report, January 2011
- "Insured's Conduct Determines the Reasonableness of Insured's Belief of Non-Liability," CM Report, March 2009
- "Derivative Standing for New York LLC Members," co-author, New York State Bar Association Journal, October 2007
- “Defending Construction Accidents and Other General Liability Claims: Third-Party Practice, Indemnification, Coverage Issues and Horizontal Exhaustion,” Liberty International Underwriters, April 30, 2015
- “Insurance Coverage Workshop,” Judlau Contracting, Inc., November 7, 2014
- “Defending Construction Accidents: Indemnity, Partial Indemnity and Third Party Practice,” Liberty International Underwriters, April 1, 2014
- "Product Liability Trends and Updates in U.S. & China," Japan Machinery Center for Trade and Investment, September 29, 2010
- "Liability Insurance for Small Business Owners," Japanese American Association of New York, Inc., April 9, 2007
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Japanese American Lawyers Network, Founding Member
- Ritsumeikan University Alumni Association of New York, Vice President
- Japanese American Association of New York, Board Member (2013-2015)
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Master of Laws, 2001
University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law (Vancouver, Canada),
Master of Laws, 2000
University of Oregon
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1996
Ritsumeikan University (Kyoto, Japan)
Bachelor of Laws, 1995