- Email: Peter.Woo@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.599.7898
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Peter Woo is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois whose practice is focused on complex civil litigation. Specifically, Mr. Woo has experience in labor and employment matters, including defending employers and management involving state and federal claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour matters. Mr. Woo also provides preventative counseling to employers on hiring practices, terminations, workplace investigations, and crafting employee policies in an effort to assist in reducing the risk of litigation.
Mr. Woo also has experience successfully handling commercial litigation matters, with a particular emphasis on directors and officers liability and professional liability claims. These include defending public, not-for-profit, and private entities in contractual disputes, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, real estate, legal malpractice, miscellaneous errors & omissions, technology errors & omissions, corporate waste, and shareholder derivative and direct cases. Mr. Woo also has experience handling insurance coverage matters, particularly providing advisory opinions on complex claims issues on professional lines of insurance, including Errors & Omissions Liability, Public, Private, and Not-For-Profit Directors & Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, and Fiduciary Liability products.
Mr. Woo defends clients across all business lines, including, beverage, restaurant, construction, insurance, real estate, casinos, fashion, entertainment, security, telecommunications, social media, courier service, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, and advertising industries. He has experience handling employment and commercial matters before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration tribunals.
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Woo worked at a prominent national law firm handling employment and commercial litigation matters. Mr. Woo has additional experience working in-house for insurance carriers, successfully handling complex coverage issues and managing litigation and supervising outside counsel of thousands of complex EPL, D&O, and E&O professional liability matters. Mr. Woo also has successfully clerked for the Honorable Alison Y. Tuitt of the New York State Supreme Court, Civil Division, Bronx County, and externed for the Honorable Maureen A. Tighe of the United States Bankruptcy Court of the Central District of California.
Mr. Woo currently serves as General Counsel for A-List Magazine, a non-profit periodical which highlights Asian professional leadership and success in the United States and Canada. Mr. Woo also serves as a volunteer attorney for the Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Legal Services Project, assisting with preparing the paperwork necessary to adequately protect victims of violence and their children, as well as sexually abused minors and abused elderly persons. Previously, Mr. Woo successfully served as an Associate Board Member and Volunteer Attorney for the Korean American Family Service Center located in Queens, New York, whose mission is to provide services to domestic violence victims and their families in need.
Associate in Claims (AIC)
- Speaker, University of California Los Angeles School of Law LLM Program, 2016
- Presenter, California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations Certification, New York, 2016
- Presenter, Emerging Issues in Technology Liability, Are Policies other than Errors & Omissions at Risk? Lewis Brisbois Webinar, 2017
- Presenter, California Employment and Labor Developments for 2017, Los Angeles, 2017
- Presenter, California Fair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations Certification, New York, 2017
- Presenter, Lewis Brisbois Employment and Workers' Compensation Seminar, Los Angeles, 2017
- Presenter, Recent Developments in Federal and California Employment Law, Los Angeles, 2017
District of Columbia
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States District Court, Southern District of California
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- National Asian American Association of Professionals
- Korean American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Southwestern Law School
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Writing
- Witkin Award Recipient of Excellence, Legal Writing
- Exceptional Achievement Award, Constitutional Law Writing Seminar
- Exceptional Achievement Award, Real Estate Transactions
University of Washington
Bachelor of Arts
- Dean's List
- Lead counsel who brokered non-monetary settlement of shareholder derivative lawsuit by significantly restructuring six major corporate transactions while negotiating employment termination and release of all claims of its Chief Executive Officer.
- Obtained dismissal of all wage and hour and breach of contract claims made by employee in employment and wage action.
- Vigorously defended a $3M employment disability related lawsuit through summary judgment which resulted in a nuisance value settlement.
- Drafted and negotiated complex revisions to language in LLC operating agreement in corporate waste D&O matter.
- Defended insurance brokerage company in breach of contract E&O action resulting in non-monetary settlement.
- Represented numerous high level executives and employers in defending discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination claims involving all protected classes in federal, state, and administrative venues.
- Represented national chain restaurant in quiet title action arising from improper land use based on prescriptive easements.