- Email: William.Mauke@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 303.562.9759
- Fax: 303.861.7767
William Mauke is an associate in the Denver (*not yet admitted in Colorado) office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Mr. Mauke has a wide array of experience across multiple disciplines of intellectual property. His primary focuses are IP litigation, patent prosecution, and counseling clients on all areas of intellectual property law. Mr. Mauke has experience with a wide variety of technical disciplines including medical devices, sporting goods, consumer electronics, biotechnology, automotive fuel systems, software and hardware.
Mr. Mauke has experience representing clients while at a law firm, and as in-house counsel. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Mauke worked as in-house IP Counsel at a large consumer goods company in the San Francisco Bay Area. Before that he worked as an associate attorney at a boutique law firm in Hartford, Connecticut specializing in patent prosecution and IP litigation.
While attending law school, Mr. Mauke represented numerous clients in the University of Connecticut IP Clinic on various intellectual property related matters. Mr. Mauke also contributed to the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal, the University of Connecticut Moot Court Board, the Mock Trial Society, and served as a member of the editorial board of the Insurance Law Journal in his final year of law school. Prior to law school, he worked as a lobbyist in the Connecticut State Legislature, and as an English Lecturer at a public university in Brittany, France.
During College, Mr. Mauke was a four-year varsity letter winner on a NCAA Division III Lacrosse team. Outside the office Mr. Mauke is an avid swimmer, biker, runner, skier and musician.
United States Patent & Trademark Office
District Court of Connecticut
District Court of Massachusetts
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Awards & Honors
- Editorial Board Member, University of Connecticut Insurance Law Journal 2010-2011
- Journal Member, University of Connecticut Insurance Law Journal 2009-2010
- Moot Court Board Member, University of Connecticut Moot Court Board 2009-2010, Finalist, 2009 William H. Hastie Moot Court Competition
- Mock Trial Society Member, University of Connecticut Mock Trial Society 2009-2010, Best-Advocate Runner-Up, 2009 Davis Mock Trial Competition
- Four Year Varsity Letter Winner NCAA Division III Lacrosse Team
University of Connecticut School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts in French, 2006