- Email: Michael.Wilk@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.7991
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Michael Wilk is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. He has over 30 years of bench and jury trials, arbitrations and litigation experience in defending professionals for professional malpractice, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, Unfair Business Practices, RICO, and related claims.
Related Webinars & Seminars
- December 21, 2017 Upcoming Webinar: Handling of Accountant E&O Claims
- Served as general counsel to the largest privately owned insurance agency, and has won verdicts and judgments for numerous insurance agents and brokers.
- Served as general counsel for several local real estate agencies for claim prevention and claim repair to avoid litigation.
- Defended hundreds of accountants, book keepers, business managers, CPAs, enrolled agents, escrow officers, home inspectors and appraisers in addition to the thousands of attorneys, insurance agents and real estate agents in his primary practice.
- Served as retained expert for Golden Eagle Insurance regarding appropriate fees of defense counsel hired to represent accountants in malpractice claims
- Represented CAMICO on subrogation claims arising from accountant E&O
- Represented plaintiffs in professional liability actions
- Litigated product liability, real property, general liability, and EPLI claims
- Represented a Homeowners Association in a class action and, subsequent to defeating class certification, a four week bench trial resulting in a judgment in favor of the association. The Court of Appeal affirmed the trial court’s application of the rule of giving broad judicial deference in favor of decisions of a governing board of a homeowners’ association. The Court of Appeal concluded that no precise correlation was required and established a reasonable good faith standard for statutory compliance.
- Santa Clara University School of Law (1983 - 1985) professor
Santa Clara University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1982
San Jose State University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting, 1980