- Email: Jeffrey.Weinstock@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0359
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Jeffrey Weinstock is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Mr. Weinstock has over 20 years of experience advising public and private businesses, commercial and mezzanine lenders, private equity firms, startups, health care practices and providers, investors and business owners with respect to corporate law, taxation, purchase and sale of corporations and corporate divisions, real estate transactions, commercial loan transactions, leasing transactions, financing arrangements and operation and joint ventures. He previously served as in-house counsel to a publicly traded corporation.
- February 19, 2014 Florida’s New Limited Liability Company Act
- May 26, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Advises Estenson in $300M Acquisition
- April 18, 2014 Business Services Practice Groups Newsletter - April, 2014
- September 18, 2013 Business Services Practice Groups Newsletter - September, 2013
- "Mergers and Acquisitions Law 2015: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year”, Thompson Reuters/Aspatore Thought Leadership (2015) - Contribution of Due Diligence Materials
- Chapter, "New Strategies and Challenges in Today's M&A Transactions", (2014) – with Michael G. Platner.
- "Florida’s New Limited Liability Company Act," (February, 2014)
- Chapter, “New Strategies and Challenges in Today’s M&A Transactions”, Mergers and Acquisitions Law 2014: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year, Thompson Reuters/Aspatore Thought Leadership (2014) – with Michael G. Platner.
- Chapter, “So You Want To Be Sued For Malpractice”, BOUNCEBACKS!, EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT CASES: ED RETURNS, Anadem Publishing (2006) – with Richard Milligan and Thomas Himmelspach.
- “Enforcement of Non-Compete Agreements,” Florida Medical Business, March, 2005
- “How to Buy Used Equipment,” Ophthalmology Management, April, 2003
- “Protect an Invention with a Patent,” Ophthalmology Management, November, 2002
- “Beware of Internet Pharmacies,” Ophthalmology Management, October, 2002
- “Not Your (Legal) Problem?” Ophthalmology Management, June, 2002
- “Limit Your Risk of Being Sued,” Ophthalmology Management, May, 2002
- “When Records are Subpoenaed,” Ophthalmology Management, March, 2002
- “Avoiding Software Piracy Charges,” Ophthalmology Management, November, 2001
- “Your Website and the Law,” Ophthalmology Management, August, 2001
- “Put Your Claims on Solid Footing,” Ophthalmology Management, February, 2001
- “Tracking Expired Medications,” Ophthalmology Management, January, 2001
- Represented sellers in the sale of a New York based leading provider of construction-related consulting services to a publically traded professional services and investment management company.
- Represented an affiliated group of companies and shareholders in the sale of a logistics manager that specializes in household goods moves for military personnel to a private equity firm.
- Represented a family of integrated creative production companies, and a cloud-based provider of software services, in a merger with a private equity firm.
- Represented a seller in the sale of its managed hosting and data center to a leading global IT infrastructure and technology company.
- Represented a seller in the sale of a wholesale distributor of fresh produce and dairy products to customers located throughout the southeastern United States and the Caribbean to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented the seller in the successful closing of the sale of a majority stake investment in a provider of electrical, telecom-datacom networking, home theater, cable, and wire management products to a private equity firm.
- Represented a creative production company and a cloud-based provider of software services, in the successful recapitalization in which the company forged a partnership with a private equity firm.
- Represented a technology company specializing in dynamic personalization for digital media and e-commerce in the sale of its assets to an education technology company.
- Represented Seller a manufacturer of turbine engine components in the sale of its business to a New York-based private equity firm.
United States Tax Court
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Treasurer: Ted Deutch for Congress Committee
- Junior Achievement of South Florida Charitable Foundation – Board of Directors, 2011-2015
- President: University of Miami Law Alumni Association, 2009-2010
- Board of Directors: Junior Achievement of South Florida, 2007-2013
- Florida Citrus Sports- Scouting Committee
- Boca Raton Little League: Board Member, Coach and Majors Division Commissioner
- University of Miami Alumni Association Alumni Council Member, 2008-2010
- Alumni Student Recruiter: University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Anti-Defamation League: Glass Leadership Institute Graduate
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce: Leadership Boca Graduate
- Relocation Host: University of Michigan Alumni Association
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of Florida Bar Tax Section Scholarship
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbell®
- South Florida Top Rated Lawyer, 2012 - Lexis Nexis & Martindale Hubbell
- Legal Editor and Columnist - Ophthalmology Management Magazine
University of Miami School of Law
LL.M, Taxation, 2003; Concentration in International Taxation
University of Miami School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1996
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1993