- Email: Alecia.Walters-Hinds@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 646.783.0940
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Alecia Walters-Hinds is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a member of the General Liability Practice where her practice areas include premises, motor vehicle (personal and commercial), wrongful deaths, construction, labor law, dram shop, toxic tort and property damage. Alecia Walters-Hinds has experience in Employment Discrimination, Labor law, Americans with Disabilities Act, The Disabled Persons Act and Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”). She also has experience handling matters of medical malpractice and professional negligence, involving physicians, dentists, hospitals and nursing homes.
Ms. Walters-Hinds has obtained many defense verdicts and verdicts involving awards of low amounts in cases in Brooklyn, New York, Bronx, Queens, Nassau and in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. In addition, she has mediated and handled the negotiation of favorable settlements both before and during trial.
She is currently the Secretary for the New York City Chapter of American Board of Trial Advocates ("ABOTA"). ABOTA is a national organization of experienced trial lawyers and Judges dedicated to the preservation and promotion of civil jury trials right provided by the Seventh Amendment of the Constitution. Ms. Walters-Hinds has also been named to Super Lawyers, Rising Stars for excellence in practice. She has published best practices articles in the New York Law Journal and New York State Bar Association's, One on One. She has also been a presenter at Continuing Legal Education courses on Trial Advocacy.
Related Legal Alerts
- October 12, 2017 NY & NJ Trial and Appellate Team Update - October 2017
- August 26, 2016 New York & New Jersey Trial Team Update
- March 20, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Wins Defense Verdict in Personal Injury Suit
- Author, “The Insurer verses Insured,” published by New York State Bar Association “One On ONE," 2012
- Author, “Insurance Defense Counsel’s Approach to the Tripartite Relationship,” published by New York Law Journal, March 28, 2012
United States District Courts
Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Secretary, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Board Member, Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush
- Member, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
- Small Claims Court Arbitrator
Hofstra University School of Law
Bachelor of Arts