- Email: Ian.Walsworth@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2059
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Ian R. Walsworth is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Ian is a patent attorney registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office, who has experience practicing in numerous Federal Courts and before the U.S. International Trade Commission and in USPTO proceedings.
Ian advises clients with respect to their intellectual property, and routinely engages in activities to enforce and defend patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets through litigation and arbitration. Ian has successfully resolved IP disputes through mediation as well as by direct negotiation on behalf of his clients. In addition to defending intellectual property rights, Ian has also prepared and prosecuted hundreds of domestic and foreign patents across several technology groups, including medical devices, consumer products, software and Saas.
- June 05, 2017 2 IP Partners Join Lewis Brisbois in Denver
- Sheridan Ross PC, 2006-2017
- Lewis Scheid, 2003-2006
- Rockwell Automation, 1998-2002
- WCM Industries v. IPS Corp., (Western District of Tenn) — Trial counsel for plaintiff in a patent infringement action involving multiple patents related to bath waste and overflow products. Following two-week jury trial, received a jury verdict in favor of plaintiff on all claims asserted, including a finding of willful infringement by defendant. Successfully defended against counterclaims of invalidity and non-infringement. Received post-trial award of treble damages, entry of permanent injunction and partial award of attorneys' fees.
- Otter Products, LLC v. Treefrog Development, Inc (D. Colo.) — Represented defendant in patent infringement action involving multiple patents. Accused products sold under popular LifeProof brand. Successfully resolved through private settlement.
- Thule Organization Solutions, Inc. v. Best Buy Stores, Inc.(D. Colo.) — Represented plaintiff in patent infringement action filed in District of Colorado. Successfully resolved through private settlement.
- Dr. George Frey v. Medtronic Sofamor Danek USA, Inc. (D. Colo.) — Arbitration demand filed on behalf of plaintiff-surgeon. Successfully resolved through mediation.
- Intelligent Designs 2000 Corporation v. Sears, Roebuck & Co. et al. (District of Colorado) Counsel for plaintiff in multi-defendant litigation for patent infringement, false advertising under the Lanham Act and violation of the Colorado Consumer Protection Act.
- SEK Corporation et al. v. Oldcastle Precast, Inc. (Southern District of Indiana) Defended against claims of patent infringement. Reached settlement after briefing on claim construction.
- StormTrap, LLC v. Oldcastle Precast, Inc. (District of New Jersey) Counsel for defendant in patent infringement action. Resolved through private settlement.
- Qualmark Corporation v. Data Physics Corporation (District of Colorado) Counsel for plaintiff in dispute over use of “LING” trademark. Successfully dismissed parallel action pending in Northern District of California. Reached private settlement in 2009.
- R.W. Beck, Inc. v. E3 Consulting, LLC (District of Colorado) Counsel for defendant in copyright infringement action. Motion to dismiss complaint granted by District Court. Action settled after arguments made before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Colorado Supreme Court
United States Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
10th Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court, District of Colorado
United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association, IP Section
- Colorado Bar Association, IP Section
Awards & Honors
- Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2015
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
University of Colorado
Bachelor of Science, Engineering, 1998