- Email: Michael.Velladao@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.7958
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Michael Velladao is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Insurance Coverage Practice. He specializes in insurance coverage and declaratory relief. He has more than 30 years of experience in handling insurance coverage disputes and related matters. Mr. Velladao has been practicing since 1983. He is a specialist in insurance coverage and declaratory relief, and is certified to practice before the United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern U.S. District Courts.
Mr. Velladao has authored over 2,000 coverage opinions. He also litigated declaratory relief actions regarding coverage disputes involving construction defects, intellectual property, pollution, aviation liability, intentional and business torts. He has also represented insurers in several Court of Appeal decisions.
- June 12, 2018 All Green Electric, Inc. v. Security National Insurance Company
- June 12, 2018 Dowdy v. Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
- June 12, 2018 Heckart v. A-1 Self Storage, Inc.
- June 12, 2018 Nielsen Contracting, Inc. v. Applied Underwriters, Inc.
- June 12, 2018 Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Newsletter - Spring 2018
- March 21, 2018 Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Newsletter - Winter 2018
- December 15, 2017 Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Newsletter - Winter 2017
- September 29, 2017 Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Newsletter - Summer/Fall 2017
Related Webinars & Seminars
Editor and author of the quarterly Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Newsletter
- Garriott Crop Dusting Co. v. Superior Court, 221 Cal.App.3d 783, 1990
- Barth-Wittmore Ins. v. H.R. Murphy Enterprises Inc., 169 Cal.App.3d 124, 1985
- Scottsdale Ins. Co. v. State Farm Mutual Auto. Ins. Co., 130 Cal.App.4th 890, 2d Dist. Calif. Court of Appeal, 2005
U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern U.S. District Courts
- American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi International
- Defense Research Institute
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers Magazine, 2018
Pepperdine University Law School
Juris Doctor, 1983
University of San Francisco
Bachelor of Arts, 1980