- Email: Judd.Uhl@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 859.663.9831
- Fax: 859.663.9829
Judd Uhl is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Kentucky office. Judd handles all types of insurance defense cases. He has first chair trial experience and has obtained successful verdicts in dozens of cases including wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, trucking, bad faith, long-term care, and malpractice.
In 2009, Judd was lead trial counsel for the target defendant in the longest civil trial in Cincinnati history – Patrick McCarthy vs. Sterling Chemicals, et al. The case involved a defective weld on the manway assembly of a railroad tanker car which Plaintiff alleged separated when the car was pressurized during the unloading process. The accident resulted in the Plaintiff being left in a persistent vegetative state. After a four month trial, the jury returned a defense verdict.
Judd is a member of the Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA). ADTA invites only one defense trial attorney to be its prime member per one million in population for each city, town, or municipality across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- April 10, 2017 Fort Wright Office Wins Defense Verdict in Negligence Suit
Mr. Uhl has tried over 40 First Chair jury trials to verdict in Ohio and Kentucky.
CLE – ADTA National Webinar – Deposing the Treating Physician, September 2011
Supreme Court of Ohio
Supreme Court of Kentucky
U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Vice Chair of Mentoring Committee, 2016
- Chair of North Central Region of U.S., 2016
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Districts of Kentucky
- U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Honors
Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2006 & 2007)
University of Akron School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1999
Bachelor of Arts, 1995