- Email: Lee.Thies@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5561
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Lee Thies is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. Mr. Thies specializes in the defense of personal injury liability claims involving medical malpractice and elder & dependent adult abuse as well as general, hospitality and transportation liability claims.
In the area of medical malpractice and abuse claims, he brings over 20-years' experience representing hospital chains and individually-owned hospitals, assisted and skilled nursing facilities, individual physicians, and ancillary health care providers including nurses, technicians, physical therapists, and pre-hospital emergency responders. Cases for these clients have included claims ranging from maternal-fetal injuries, surgical errors, abuse and neglect, emergency care, and medication errors.
In the area of general, hospitality and transportation claims, Mr. Thies represents a diverse clientele with a primary emphasis on ambulance and paratransit medical transport services, common and public carriers, and waste haulers. He has experience putting together a sophisticated team of highly regarded medical and biomechanical experts to assist clients with unique challenges of catastrophic injury and traumatic brain injury claims.
- Law Review (Editorial Board, Note & Comment Editor, Author)
- Case Review. Home Health Care - Emerging Liability Risks. Summer 1997
- Continuity of Care Assoc. Newsletter. Emerging Liability Risks Along the Continuum. Summer 1997
- Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Newsletter. As Nosocomial Infections Increase, So May Hospital Liability. Leader Publications, New York Publishing Co. vol. XIV, No. 4, February 1997
- Willis-Corroon Healthcare Concepts. Investigational Review Boards-Managing the Risks. 3rd Qtr. 1995
- Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Newsletter. Disclosure of M.D.’s Potential Problems Temporarily Barred. Leader Publications, New York Publishing Co., vol. XI, No. 3, January 1994
- Informed Consent - The Physician’s Increasing Burden. 8 West.S.L.Rev. 113, 1980
- Contributing Editor, Medical Malpractice Law & Strategy Newsletter (1994-2000)
- Southern California Association for Healthcare Risk Management
- Adjunct Faculty, American Institute of Medical Law, Inc. at Culver City Campus of Pepperdine University (1995-2000)
- California Hospital Medical Center Foundation, Trustee Associates (1991-1993), and Le’Grande Affair Dinner/Auction Committee (1991-1993)
- Cal-State University, Fullerton Alumni Assoc. Board of Directors (1981-1983)
Awards & Honors
American Jurisprudence Award - Constitutional Law
Western State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1981
California State University, Fullerton
Bachelor of Arts, 1978