- Email: Jennifer.So@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 909.381.7171
- Fax: 909.387.1138
Jennifer So is a partner in the San Bernardino office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. Ms. So handles all phases of civil litigation in matters related to Healthcare, Medical Malpractice, Elder Law in both civil and administrative proceedings and Regulatory Compliance and Litigation. Ms. So has experience representing hospitals, long-term care providers, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, physicians, nurses, and pharmacists in all phases of civil litigation, appeals, government criminal and civil audits, investigations, and enforcement actions.
Ms. So’s defense experience includes:
- Long Term Care Litigation;
- Elder Abuse;
- Regulatory Litigation;
- Medical Malpractice; and
- Various Civil Litigation Matters.
- Ms. So has successfully defended many cases involving claims of professional negligence, elder abuse, fraud, and punitive damages.
- Ms. So has represented multiple Skilled Nursing Facilities and Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly in crisis management situations involving significant interactions with local law enforcement, the Department of Justice, the Department of Public Health, the Department of Social Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services, Medical Board Investigations, and Nursing Board Investigations.
- Ms. So also has extensive experience in the areas of healthcare regulatory litigation and compliance and has litigated regulatory issues in state and federal ALJ proceedings, assisted with abuse and unusual incident investigation and reporting and represented physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and other health care professionals in licensure matters.
- Ms. So has provided risk management and pre-litigation consulting services for both long term care facilities and management companies.
- Ms. So has represented clients in seeking to challenge civil governmental regulation matters, to negotiate resolution of issues, or to bring about appropriate regulatory action. She has experience responding to DPH and DSS citations, minimizing the admissibility of citation contents, as well as statements of deficiencies and annual surveys in civil actions.
- Ms. So has represented healthcare providers in administrative law hearings regarding licensing issues.
- Ms. So has been a presenter at conferences for assisted living organizations.
- Ms. So worked with parties as a certified Mediator to produce creative resolutions and draft legally binding party agreements.
- Intern to the Honorable Judge Nho T. Nguyen, Orange County Superior Court.
- Intern at the California Department of Justice: Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud and Elder Abuse.
United States District Court
Southern District of California
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- South Bay Bar Association
- Pan-Asian Lawyers, San Diego
Awards & Honors
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship for Ethnic and Cultural Diversity
- Pro Bono Honor’s Society
- McGill Center for Creative Problem Solving Certified Mediator
California Western School of Law
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology; Minor: Public Policy