- Email: Sarah.Smith@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.460.4622
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Sarah Smith is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the firm's Insurance Law and Admiralty, Maritime & Energy Litigation Practices. Sarah has a broad litigation background, with a focus on insurance coverage and bad faith. Sarah routinely handles complex insurance coverage and bad faith matters, involving both commercial and personal lines. Sarah is also well versed in all aspects of first party claims and has successfully defended insurers for over a decade, specializing in claims arising from catastrophic events. Sarah also litigates matters involving marine and energy coverage and indemnity disputes as well as maritime personal injury.
Sarah has also successfully handled claims against attorneys in negligence and breach of fiduciary duty matters and has also successfully defended insurance agents and brokers in cases involving negligence, breach of contract, and misrepresentation with respect to the procurement of various insurance products.
Sarah is licensed in Louisiana and Texas and routinely practices in state and federal courts in both states.
- March 08, 2018 Fifth Circuit Re-examines Scindia Duties
- April 03, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Successful in Getting Claims Against D&O Carrier Dismissed
- June 28, 2016 Texas – Not a Direct Action State, Even for Third Party Beneficiaries
- December 23, 2015 Supreme Court of Texas Declines to Rule on Attachment of Excess Coverage
United States District Court - Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of the State of Louisiana
United States District Court – Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- State of Texas Bar Association
- State of Louisiana - all courts
Baylor University School of Law in Waco
Juris Doctor, 2006
Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge
Bachelor of Science, 2003