- Email: Jessica.Skladzien@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 316.609.7927
- Fax: 316.462.5746
Jessica Skladzien is a partner in the Wichita office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. She has considerable experience defending employment claims in state and federal courts, for both private and governmental employers. Her practice involves nearly every aspect of employment law: interacting with government administrative agencies on behalf of employers, counseling employers regarding employment policies and practices, advising federal contractors regarding their affirmative action obligations, and representing employers in civil litigation.
In addition to employment litigation, Ms. Skladzien has considerable educational law experience, especially as related to the constitutionality of the funding of K-12 public education in Kansas. Ms. Skladzien currently represents a group of Plaintiffs who have successfully sued the State of Kansas alleging that the level of school funding in Kansas is unconstitutional. That litigation is ongoing. She is also involved in a counterpart to that lawsuit, which is currently pending in federal court.
Aside from issues related to funding, Ms. Skladzien also has experience helping school districts and their employees navigate various state and federal laws. Most recently, Ms. Skladzien helped secure summary judgment in favor of a school teacher, after a student who allegedly experienced bullying at school attempted to hold the teacher responsible for that bullying.
Related Legal Alerts
- August 15, 2018 Best Lawyers Honors 26 Lewis Brisbois Attorneys
- March 08, 2017 Alan Rupe, Jessica Skladzien Get Kansas Supreme Court Victory
- Representing numerous corporations against claims of sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Navigating clients and federal contractors through Department of Labor audits and audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
- Successfully securing dismissal of state law claim on basis of ERISA preemption.
- Defending various federal civil rights claims, including First Amendment retaliation, brought against municipal entities.
District Court of Kansas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
Awards & Honors
Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers - Rising Star
Washburn University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
Bachelor of Arts, 2006