- Email: Elior.Shiloh@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1362
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Elior Shiloh is a partner at Lewis Brisbois who specializes in Employment, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law. He is also co-chair of Lewis Brisbois’ Franchise & Distribution Practice.
Mr. Shiloh has represented companies and their management as well as individuals in state, federal, administrative and bankruptcy courts as well as in arbitrations all over the country. His practice includes representing clients in connection with internal and external investigations of the most sensitive and confidential nature. Mr. Shiloh’s experience includes representing parties in breach of contract actions, employment disputes, intellectual property disputes, not-for-profit disputes, and claims arising under federal and state consumer protection laws.
Mr. Shiloh also has experience assisting both start-up and established companies. He has worked closely with businesses which seek counsel in protecting, developing and implementing their business plans. Some of the areas in which he has provided counsel include employment, consumer reporting, franchiser operations, software design, tech application distribution, health and fitness institutions, food & beverage distribution, fashion, and real estate.
Mr. Shiloh frequently lectures to the defense industry, companies and their management, and employees on employment trends and best practices.
Mr. Shiloh was a recipient of the Rising Stars® distinction in the 2012, 2013 & 2014 editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers as well as 2015 - 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers. The selection of Rising Stars® is made by an attorney-led research team that independently reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of evaluation criteria. Practicing lawyers are asked to nominate "attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less." No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in a geographical region are named to the Rising Stars® list.
After graduating from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Mr. Shiloh served as law clerk to Hon. Ned M. Rosenberg of the New Jersey Superior Court, Civil and Criminal Division.
Related Legal Alerts
- September 07, 2016 New York City Broadens Its Already Expansive Human Rights Law
- June 27, 2014 Employment & Labor Practice Case Alert, June 2014
- Honorable Patty Shwartz, United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, 2005
- Honorable Ned M. Rosenberg, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division, 2008
- Honorable Ned M. Rosenberg, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Criminal Division, 2007
- After graduating from law school, Elior was a judicial clerk for the New Jersey Superior Court, Civil and Criminal Division. In that position, he oversaw and assisted the Court with motions and trials.
- Prior to entering the legal world, Elior worked at a well known pickle company that serviced thousands in the food industry. In that position, he oversaw quality control, product distribution and customer relations.
- Burgos v. International Vacation Club, Ltd., 2012 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 552 (App.Div. Mar. 13, 2012)
- Century 21 Real Estate, LLC v. Gateway Realty, Inc., 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35683 (D.N.J. Mar. 31, 2011)
- Century 21 Real Estate LLC v. Skyline Realty, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 92719 (D.N.J. Sept. 3, 2010)
- Millennials - Ready or Not, Here They Come, Pittsburgh 2017
- Bullying in the Workplace, New York & New Jersey 2016
- Emerging Trends in Employment Law, New York 2016
- The Need to Know Ethical Issues in Assessing Damages on an Employment Claim, New Jersey 2015
- Premise Security Litigation, New Jersey 2015
- Three Turning Points in Handling Employments at the Claims Letter, Administrative Charge, and Litigation States, New York 2015
- Franchise Dispute Resolution, New York 2015
- Law and Order – Interpretation of Claims Made Policy Language; Handling the Employment Lawsuit; Civil Litigation, Discovery and Dispositive Motions, Kansas, 2014
- 411 On Employment Law Defense, New York 2014
District Court, District of New Jersey
United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- International Franchise Association
- Jewish National Fund
Awards & Honors
Rising Star® distinction in Business Litigation and Franchise/Dealership, 2012-2014 Law & Politics
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Concentrations in Commercial Law and Litigation
- Legal Writing Teacher Assistant
- Student Bar Association
Bachelor of Arts, Associates Degree
- Honors, Syms School of Business
- Valedictorian, Isaac Breuer College of Judaic Studies
- Member, NCAA Division III Wrestling team