- Email: David.Sherman@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.845.9002
- Fax: 215.977.4101
David Sherman is an associate in the Philadelphia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Class Action & Mass Tort and Data Privacy & Cyber Security Practices. David represents commercial entities in complex multi-party disputes litigated in state and federal courts throughout the United States, with an emphasis on the defense of mass tort and putative class actions involving data privacy, products liability and consumer fraud claims.
David also represents corporate clients in commercial and business litigation involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair competition, fraud and other business torts, as well as professional malpractice and errors & omissions matters, many of which involve complex electronic discovery issues.
Additionally, David counsels clients on best practices in information privacy and data security. Before an information security incident occurs, David facilitates incident response planning and risk assessments to enhance enterprise security posture and manage risk. When an information security incident occurs, David works as part of a Lewis Brisbois response team, often along with forensic consultants and law enforcement to evaluate the scope of potential data loss, identify affected individuals and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and international laws.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, David practiced with the New York office of a Philadelphia-based firm, where he defended design professionals and medical practitioners subject to professional liability claims, and represented business entities in commercial litigation. He also defended generic pharmaceutical manufacturers in multi district products liability matters. As a law student, Mr. Sherman served as a legal intern with a Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York; U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, Criminal Division; U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Enforcement Division; NYSE Euronext, Office of General Counsel, and Kings County (Brooklyn) District Attorney’s Office.
- May 16, 2016 Architects & Engineers Newsletter - May, 2016
Co-Author: “New York: Random Drug Tests: Potential Liability” Trucking Industry Defense Association, Summer 2012 Newsletter
- Manning v. Pioneer Savings Bank, 251307, NYLJ 1202765831521, at *1 (Sup. Ct. Rensselaer Co., July 7, 2016) (Elliott, J.)
- Hedley's, Inc. v. Airwaves Global Logistics, LLC, 130 A.D.3d 872 (2d Dept. 2015)
- Bowman v. Kennedy, 126 A.D.3d 1203 (3d Dept. 2015)
- In re World Trade Ctr. Lower Manhattan Disaster Site Litig., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 160212 (S.D.N.Y. Nov. 13, 2014) (Hellerstein, J.)
- In re World Trade Ctr. Lower Manhattan Disaster Site Litig., 44 F. Supp. 3d 445 (S.D.N.Y. Oct. 17, 2014) (Hellerstein, J.)
- In re World Trade Ctr. Lower Manhattan Disaster Site Litig., 44 F. Supp. 3d 409 (S.D.N.Y. Sept. 9, 2014) (Hellerstein, J.)
- Soja v Keystone Trozze, LLC, 106 A.D.3d 1168 (3d Dept. 2013)
- Kenny v Turner Constr. Co., 107 A.D.3d 412 (1st Dept. 2013)
- Bd. of Mgrs. of the Sevenberry Condo. v. N7B LLC, 23910/2010, NYLJ 1202652854743, at *1 (Sup., KI, Decided April 9, 2014) (Pfau, J.)
- Polsky v 145 Hudson St. Assoc. L.P., 2013 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 6282, 2013 NY Slip Op 33432(U) (Sup. Ct. New York Co. Nov. 22, 2013) (Billings, J.)
- Marbilla, LLC v. 143/145 Lexington LLC, 2013 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 1781, 2013 NY Slip Op 30898(U) (Sup. Ct. New York Co. Apr. 25, 2013) (York, J.)
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Awards & Honors
CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Writing
Brooklyn Law School
Juris Doctor, 2010
Bachelor of Arts, 2007