- Email: Michael.Schroer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7620
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Michael Schroer is a partner in the Madison County, Illinois office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability and Environmental & Toxic Tort Practices. He represents clients in state and federal courts in Illinois and Missouri.
Mr. Schroer has experience handling matters involving product liability, premises liability, commercial law, real estate, construction law, title insurance, banking law, and insurance coverage issues. He also has significant experience in appellate practice and has authored or co-authored a number of briefs filed in state and federal courts of appeals.
- Dittmer Properties, L.P. v. FDIC, 708 F.3d 1011 (8th Cir. 2013) (banking and real estate law).
- Mo. Land, Dev. I, LLC v. Raleigh Props., 347 S.W.3d 172, (Mo. Ct. App. 2011) (construction and real estate law).
- Marlow v. Sawyer, No. 16-CV-1088-JPG-DGW, (S.D. Ill. Jan. 24, 2018) – secured a verdict worth 8% of Plaintiff’s final settlement demand and 40% of Defendant’s final offer in a federal jury trial with punitive damages at issue and admitted liability.
- Peabody-Waterside Development, LLC v. Islands of Waterside, LLC, et al., 10-CH-0388, St. Clair County, Illinois -- summary judgment for a bank on the plaintiff's claim to enforce a $6.5 million mechanic's lien on developmental property.
- Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company, 07CT-CV00961, Christian County, Missouri -- summary judgment against a claimant who sought to recover from an insurance company under negligence and vicarious liability theories for its agent's embezzlement of escrowed funds.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Awards & Honors
Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer, Rising Star - 2014
Washington University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2004
University of Missouri
Bachelor of Arts in English, 2001