- Email: Alan.Schonfeld@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4906
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Alan Schonfeld is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. He has been defending lawyers, real estate agents and brokers, insurance agents, accountants, appraisers, and other professionals for over 30 years, and is certified by the State Bar of California as a Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law. He has tried to verdict over 20 jury trials, including 14 legal malpractice and several real estate licensee jury trials. He has been an Associate of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) since 2010. Mr. Schonfeld also practices in the areas of complex commercial litigation, products liability, and risk management.
Mr. Schonfeld acts as an expert witness and speaker on lawyer standard of care and ethical issues. He has lectured for the State Bar of California, the San Diego County Bar Association, the University of San Diego Law School, Lawyers' Mutual Insurance Company and Professional Malpractice Insurance Risk Management.
Mr. Schonfeld is also a certified mediator and was named in 2011 to the San Diego Superior Court Mediation Panel.
- Gordon v. Aguirre & Meyer (1999) 70 Cal.App.4th 972
- Wiley v. County of San Diego (1998) 19 Cal.4th 532
- San Diego Superior Court Certified Mediator
- State Bar of California Legal Specialization - Legal Malpractice Law
San Diego County Bar Association Volunteer Fee Arbitrator
U.S. District Court - Southern District and Central District
U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- San Diego County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Top Lawyers in San Diego, San Diego Magazine, 2013-2017
- Top Ten Finalist, San Diego Top Attorneys, Insurance, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2011
- Peer Reviewed AV Preeminent, Lexis Nexus Martindale Hubble, 1997
- San Diego SuperLawyer, 2009-2017
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1985
University of Maryland
Bachelor of Arts, English, 1982