- Email: V.Sathienmars@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6667
- Fax: 415.434.0882
V. T. ("Torch") Sathienmars is an associate in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Professional Liability Practice.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, Mr. Sathienmars was an Associate at two mid-sized law firms in the San Francisco Bay Area that focused on public agency representation. During this time, Mr. Sathienmars provided California cities, counties, special districts, school districts and community college districts with general legal counsel in public agency law matters as well as representation in specific matters that included business transactions (particularly government contracts), real estate/land use, construction, energy, government relations, telecommunications and public finance.
Also, Mr. Sathienmars previously served as the Special Outside Counsel for the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District - the public agency which is responsible for Golden Gate Bridge operations as well as Golden Gate Ferry and Golden Gate Bus services. During this particular engagement, Mr. Sathienmars reformed the Master Ordinance of the District and drafted a wide range of governing documents for the Board of Directors concurrent with several high-profile Golden Gate Bridge construction projects and noteworthy District-wide public policy objectives.
During law school, Mr. Sathienmars served as a law clerk at the state trial and appellate level: first with Chief Justice Ronald George at the Supreme Court of California, and then with Judge Richard Kramer in the Complex Civil Litigation Department at the San Francisco Superior Court. Between these two clerkships, Mr. Sathienmars was an ABA Environmental Law Fellow with Secretary Linda Adams at the California Environmental Protection Agency.
- Prior to law school, Mr. Sathienmars was a Legislative and Intergovernmental Relations Intern for Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and a Jesse Marvin Unruh Assembly Fellow for California State Assembly Speaker Karen Bass.
- As a Mayoral Intern, Mr. Sathienmars advocated the Mayor's government relations agenda before elected officials at the city, county, state, federal and international level. In addition, Mr. Sathienmars also represented the Mayor's constituency interests at the local level by collaborating with a broad range of community, business, nonprofit and industry stakeholders.
- As an Assembly Fellow, Mr. Sathienmars supported the Speaker in her legislative, public policy and political agendas at the district and statewide level. In particular, Mr. Sathienmars drafted and carried nine bills through the legislative process - seven of which Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law.
- California Arbitrator Certificate, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Mediator Certificate, University of California, Irvine
U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Awards & Honors
- Note Author and Senior Articles Editor, UC Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly
- Appellate Brief Research and Writing Assistant, Jessup Moot Court Team
- Best Brief Finalist, Snodgrass Moot Court Competition
- UC Irvine Alice B. Macy Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research Paper
University of California, Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2011
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Political Science and International Studies, 2006
- Member of the Campuswide Honors Program
- Study Abroad Program, Lund University, Sweden, 2004