- Email: David.Russo@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6629
- Fax: 415.434.0882
David E. Russo is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Admiralty, Maritime & Energy Litigation Practice. Mr. Russo's practice focuses on civil litigation and appellate practice in the areas of Admiralty, Cargo Claims, Product Liability, maritime personal injury defense, and contracts and commercial law. He has tried over a dozen cases to verdict. His transactional practice focuses on marine contracts and technology licensing.
- June 16, 2017 David Russo Published by MarineLink
Mr. Russo has had a 32-year career in private practice in San Francisco. He has tried over a dozen cases to verdict. These have included the defense of multi-million dollar cases and have involved cases in the state and federal courts throughout California. He has also tried numerous other disputes in bench trials and arbitrations.
- Spooner v. 4 Oracle Team USA (ND Cal. March 2015) 2015 AMC 1253 (vacating vessel arrest)
- Spooner v. 4 Oracle Team USA (ND Cal. August 2015) 2015 AMC 2091 (dismissing plaintiff’s claims)
- Wheaton v. Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District (9th Cir. 2009) 559 F.3d 979
- Hitachi Data Systems v. UPS, Inc.; Columbia Shipping, Inc., et al. (9th Cir. 1996) 76 F.3d 276 [Docket No. 94-15292]
Mr. Russo is a regular speaker at meetings of the Passenger Vessel Association.
U.S. District Courts for Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California
Ninth Circuit U.S. Courts of Appeals
U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, San Francisco Marine Claims Agents Association
- Member, Transportation Lawyers Association
- Member, Association of Marine Underwriters, San Francisco
- Proctor Member, Maritime Law Association of the United States
Graduate of Hastings College of Law, University of California
Juris Doctor, 1983
Queens College, City University of New York
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa