- Email: Gary.Rattet@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5192
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Gary Rattet is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Labor & Employment Practice. Mr. Rattet’s practice encompasses more than 30 years of experience in employment and business litigation including conducting arbitrations, bench and jury trials. In addition to litigating employment disputes, he offers preventive counseling regarding personnel, human resources and employment issues that arise in the workplace, such as drafting employment handbooks, updating personnel policies, hiring and discharge matters, reductions in force, wage and hour issues, family and medical leave eligibility, disability accommodations and OSHA compliance.
For more than 30 years, Mr. Rattet has also represented high profile entertainers in the radio and television industries. His practice experience includes providing general business oversight and financial counsel with an emphasis on complex licensing, entertainment and media issues. Mr. Rattet was president of an entertainment corporation for more than 10 years, where he was actively engaged in the strategic development and management of the business, from dispute resolution and creative talent agreements to creation of strategic alliances, complex commercial licensing arrangements, and project financing. He also provided oversight of wealth management on behalf of minors in the industry.
Mr. Rattet is experienced in all aspects of counseling and training employers and in the defense of litigated matters before all state agencies, the EEOC, and all California state and federal courts.
- “The Roles and Value of the Labor and Employment Attorney,” Negotiating Employment Disputes, Aspatore, Inc. 2007
- Articles for various newsletters and client publications on harassment, arbitration, and disability discrimination
- “In Their Own Words: A Defense Lawyer’s Guide To Putting Plaintiff’s Words to Work,” published in Bloomberg Law Reports, Vol. 4, No. 16, April 10, 2010.
- Speaker, 19th National Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance, June 2013
- Speaker, 18th Annual Conference on Employment Practices Liability Insurance, American Conference Institute, January 2013
- Adjunct Professor of Employment Law, The Ventura College of Law, 2011-2012, 2014, 2016
- Presentations on harassment and employment arbitrations
- “Korean companies must adapt to the U.S. laws and culture,” aired on Radio Korea, May 17, 2010.
- “Korean business owners’ lack of familiarity with labor laws has contributed to the rise in the number of labor and employment-related lawsuits against them,” aired on Radio Korea, May 18, 2010.
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2013-2015
- Adjunct Professor Award of Appreciation –Ventura College of Law Student Bar Association, 2014
Boston College Law School
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1978
University of California Santa Barbara
Masters Program, 1974
Claremont McKenna College
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1974