- Email: Jenna.Pigeon@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7558
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Jennifer Pigeon is an associate in the Madison County, Illinois office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Asbestos Litigation, General Liability, and Labor & Employment Practices. Ms. Pigeon has represented long-term care facilities, transportation/delivery companies, restaurants, construction companies, product manufacturers, and property owners.
Ms. Pigeon has experience in matters involving labor and employment law, long-term care and elder law, trucking/transportation litigation, and products liability. In addition, she has experience litigating claims involving hospital billing disputes. Ms. Pigeon represents and advocates for clients in state and federal court in Illinois and Missouri.
- Ms. Pigeon received a favorable ruling for one client when the court granted Defendants’ Motion to Dismiss in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois. The case involved an alleged breach of a collective bargaining agreement, and alleged employment discrimination. The case was dismissed in its entirety, after the federal district court found that Plaintiffs failed to adequately plead the elements of a so-called "hybrid" claim under Section 301 of the Labor Management Relations Act.
- Ms. Pigeon received a favorable ruling for the client when the court granted a major national developer’s Motion to Dismiss based on Illinois’ construction statute of repose, petitioner’s failure to state a cause of action for fraud, and petitioner’s improper use of Rule 224. The petitioner sought to identify parties allegedly responsible for construction defects in association with a commercial property in Sangamon County, Illinois and claimed millions in damages. Petitioner sought to pursue allegations for fraudulent misrepresentation, fraudulent concealment, and breach of contract.
Northern District of Illinois, 2013
Southern District of Illinois, 2014
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
DePaul University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2012
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, 2007