- Email: Andrew.Pidgirsky@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.548.3015
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Andrew A. Pidgirsky is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate Practice. Andrew has been practicing law since 1990 and has extensive experience in the areas of energy, transactions, finance, technology and international law. His clients include public corporations, international companies and start-up enterprises. Andrew has represented United States companies on legal matters in over 40 foreign jurisdictions. Andrew is a frequent lecturer and author, and is an active member of several industry associations.
Andrew has counseled clients in the following areas:
Mergers and Acquisitions / Corporate / Finance
- United States and cross border mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Outside general counsel to several United States and foreign companies.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in financing transactions (including swaps and derivatives).
- Assisted companies with cross-border transactions, privatizations, joint-ventures, exploration, development and production of hydrocarbons, sales, marketing, services, distribution, global project development, finance and investment, and international trade issues.
- Drafted and negotiated joint operating, production sharing, transportation, management, service, distribution, construction, storage, supply, and sales agreements.
- Represented lenders and borrowers in cross-border financing transactions, including project, investment, trade and EX-IM Bank financing.
- Represented United States and foreign issuers in connection with their initial and secondary public offerings, private placements, SEC disclosure, Sarbanes-Oxley matters, Dodd-Frank issues, reporting and compliance.
- Assisted companies with foreign investment compliance, OFAC, CFIUS, export/import regulations, risk management and FCPA, and anti-trust investigations.
- Negotiated and drafted complex intellectual property, telecommunications and technology agreements.
- The Energy Makers: U.S.-Russia Opportunities in Oil and Gas, Houston, Texas, June 25, 2013
- Overseas Growth Powers Local Law, Accounting Business, Houston Business Journal, November 9, 2012
- Guest Commentator, Business and Legal Issues For The Vietnamese Investors in the U.S.A., Vietnamese American Network Television, VAN-TV 55.2, November 2011
- Guest Commentator, Legal Reforms in Ukraine, Voice of America, Washington, DC, September 22, 2007
- World’s leading producer of large diameter pipes in the sale of its United States OCTG business to the public South Korean steel manufacturer.
- Co-counsel to the private equity fund in its US1.2 billion acquisition of the Haynesville assets from the oil and gas supermajor.
- Various manufacturers in connection with their FCPA compliance and sanctions regulations.
- NYSE energy company, Japanese oil and gas companies, and NYSE global high end hotel company in connection with their swap and derivatives transactions.
- Major international geophysical companies in connection with their international operations.
- Brazilian oil and gas service providers in connection with their corporate and tax restructuring.
- Chinese public oil and gas drilling company in a $100 million drilling project in Brazil.
- Italian oil and gas equipment manufacturer in its acquisition of the U.S. manufacturer of high performance fittings, adapters and OEM products.
- Chinese public oil and gas drilling company in a $120 million drilling project in Mexico.
- Major global full service air, ocean, trucking, customs, brokerage and logistics company in connection with its corporate matters.
- Japanese public oil and gas exploration and production company in a $1.5 billion oil and gas acquisition in the Gulf of Mexico.
- International coating company in connection with its worldwide distributorship.
- NYSE oil and gas exploration and production company in connection with $450 million 144A offering of high yield notes.
- Ethnic food restaurant chain in connection with its franchising operations.
- Israeli public company in the $200 million acquisition of a refinery in the United States.
- United States public company in connection with a refinery sale in the United States.
- United States exploration and production company in sale of its significant oil and gas assets in Kazakhstan.
- Forbes Vietnam, a Top 5 public company in connection with the U.S. and International projects.
- NYSE exploration and production public company in connection with the $1.3 billion financing of its oil and gas acquisitions.
- Largest Peruvian oil & gas independent exploration and production company in connection with its international restructuring and compliance.
- German energy company in connection with the financing and the acquisition of its coal assets in Australia.
- NYSE independent oil and gas exploration and production company in connection with its $240 million IPO.
- United States shipbuilder in connection with the sale of a shipyard and set up of its operations in Mexico and Romania.
- NASDAQ business forms publisher in connection with the sale of all assets.
- Largest Australian telecommunications service provider in connection with its corporate, regulatory and commercial matters.
- NYSE telecommunications provider in a $1 billion merger.
- NASDAQ bank in a $50 million public merger.
- Ukrainian companies in connection with their privatization in Ukraine.
- NYSE gaming company in connection with a $124 million senior debt offering and a $54 million merger.
- AMEX oil and gas exploration and production company in connection with a $155 million IPO.
- United States and Thai companies in breach of contract claims against major U.S. government contractors in connection with the supply of radar systems to the Thai Air Force.
- Chinese investors in connection with the production sharing agreement dispute in the Republic of Georgia.
- International logistics company in connection with the breach of a supply contract in Mexico.
- Personnel services company in connection with breach of fiduciary duties claims in the United States.
- U.S. Investors in connection with the real estate development and financing dispute in Belize.
- Legal Considerations of Trade, Katy Economic Development Council, Texas, March 9, 2016
- Legal Considerations of Trade, Pearland Economic Development Corporation, Port of Houston Authority, U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Small Business Administration and Greater Houston Partnership, December 16, 2015
- Legal Aspects of the International Investments in U.S.A., Business France, Houston, Texas, September 9, 2015
- Legal Considerations of Trade, Economic Alliance Houston Port Region, Texas, August 13, 2015
- Legal Considerations of Trade, Conroe Regional Chamber of Commerce Meeting, Conroe, Texas, February 12, 2015
- U.S. Sanctions on Russia and How They Impact U.S. Energy Exports, Global Energy Team - U.S. Commercial Service Meeting, October 8, 2014
- Coffee with the Consuls: Doing Business with Russia, Greater Houston Partnership, Panelist, Houston, Texas, May 16, 2013
- Offshore Technology Conference: Procurement Seminar and Industry Briefing: Oil and Gas Opportunities in Russia and Kazakhstan, OTC jointly with U.S. Commercial Service and US-Russia Chamber of Commerce, Panel Speaker and Moderator, Houston, Texas, May 8, 2013
- Managing International Sales Orders, Export University, October 2012
- FCPA Requirements, Export University, August 2012
- International Contracts, Export University, February 2012
- Direct and In-Direct Taxes on Oil & Gas in the U.S.A., Joint Chinese Ministry of Finance and Sinopec Seminar, December 2011
- Enforcement of Foreign Judgments and Arbitral Awards in the U.S.A., 34th Annual Conference of Ukrainian American Bar Association, Cancun, Mexico, November 2011
- Recent Changes in Russian Legislation: Risks and Opportunities of Doing Business in Russia, U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce Conference, September 2010
- International Representatives and Distributors: Find Them, Sign Them and Enhance Their Performance – Legal Consideration, U.S. Commercial Service National Webinar, July 2009
- Legal and Business Considerations For International Investments in Houston, Houston MIADC Trade Mission (jointly with Greater Houston Partnership, U.S. Commercial Service and International Chamber of Commerce), Milan, Hamburg, Rotterdam, June 2009
- Russia: Expanding Your Business in a Challenging Economic Environment, U.S. Commercial Service and International Trade Center Conference, February and May 2009
- Legal Aspects of International Expansion and International Compliance, Houston Export Academy, Instructor, 2008 - 2010
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Tatum CFO In-house Meeting, October, 2008
- Legal Considerations for International Investments in U.S.A., Offshore Technology Conference, May 2008 and 2009
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Overview and Developments, International Business and Logistics Conference, April 2008
- Doing Business in Russia: Legal and Business Considerations, Texas District Export Council, March 2008
- GATT/WTO: Framework, Dispute Resolution and China’s WTO Compliance, Sinopec Management Seminar, February 2007
- “Going Public”: Should U.S. Companies Consider AIM Market?, International Law Conference, November 2006
- Regulation of Foreign Investment in the U.S.A., China Business Council, March 2006
- Exploring New Frontiers: Navigating the Russian Market, The Consular Forum and Greater Houston Partnership Conference, October 2005
- Public Shell and Reverse Merger in the Current Regulatory Environment, 28th Annual Conference of Ukrainian American Bar Association, September 2005
- Update on Legislative, Regulatory and Case Law Developments in the International Business Transactions, Dallas Bar Association, October 1998
United States Court of International Trade
- Board Member, Jaime’s Hope Cancer Foundation
- Member, Harris County Judge Ed Emmett’s International Advisory Council
- Board Member, World Trade Supervisory Board, Greater Houston Partnership
- Chair, International Business Issues Committee, Greater Houston Partnership
- Member and Past Chair, Houston Mayor’s International Affairs and Development Council/Europe
- Member and Past Chair (Communications Committee), Past Vice President (Communications) and Secretary, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Board Member, Houston District Export Council
- Member, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez’s Transition Committee for Finance and Procurement
- Member, Texas One
- Chairman, U.S.-Russia Chamber of Commerce
- Member, International Bar Association, American Bar Association, and Texas Bar Association
- Past Director, Italy-America Chamber of Texas
- Past Vice-President, International Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association (1998)
- Past Director, MIT Enterprise Forum of Texas (2004-2009)
- Past Chairman and Past President, Ukrainian-American Bar Association
- Past Executive Committee Member, U.S.-Ukraine Business Council
- Past Executive Committee Member, International Study Group of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (2004-2008)
Awards & Honors
- Texas Super Lawyers® - Rising Star
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, President’s Award (2007)
- Computer Law and Technology Journal, Southern Methodist University School of Law, Editor (1998)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Clerkship, Chief Judge Jerry L. Buchmeyer (Summer 1995)
Southern Methodist University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1998
Southern Methodist University School of Law
Master of Laws, International and Comparative Law, 1995
Ivan Franko University School of Law
Juris Doctor, Master of Laws, Civil Law, 1993