- Email: Brian.Pete@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1363
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Brian Pete is an associate in the New York and Newark offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Professional Liability Practices. His practice includes representing clients in the state and federal courts of New York and New Jersey and before administrative agencies. He has represented employers in the defense of claims brought pursuant to the federal, state and local discrimination and wage and hour laws. He also has experience in the defense of commercial breach of contract actions and professional malpractice claims representing, among others, law firms and insurance brokerages. Mr. Pete has also represented public school districts in collective bargaining, unfair labor practice proceedings, the defense of employee and union grievances and First Amendment claims.
Legal Fellow, NYC Human Resources Administration Employment Law Unit, September 2011-April 2012
Published and Unpublished Decisions
- Morales v. Hapag-Lloyd AG. (America), et al., 2015 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 9092, 2015 NY Slip Op 09079 (2d Dep’t 2015).
- Josovich v. Ceylan, et al., 133 A.D.3d 570, 19 N.Y.S.3d 554 (2d Dep’t 2015).
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Western District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, The New York Foundling
Awards & Honors
Senior Production Editor, NYU Journal of Law & Business
New York University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2011
- Brian served on the editorial board of the New York University Journal of Law and Business and interned with the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
The City University of New York, Macaulay Honors College at Lehman
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2008