- Email: Emma.Pelkey@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 971.712.2808
- Fax: 971.712.2801
Emma Pelkey is an associate in the Portland office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare, Employment & Labor, and Healthcare Regulatory & Compliance Practices. Her practice focuses on healthcare litigation and health law including behavioral health, provider issues, medical liability, risk management, and regulatory compliance. Additionally, she represents employers regarding a wide range of employment law issues including discrimination and harassment, wage and hour, disability accommodations, and terminations.
- Author, "Newly Enacted Defend Trade Secrets Act Requires Prompt Action by Employers," Legal Alert, May 2016
- Author, "Member Briefing: Patient Safety—Identifying and Addressing Legal Issues Involved When Treating Pediatric Patients with Behavioral Health Needs," American Health Lawyers Association, July 8, 2016
- Co-Author, "Internet Background Checks: Is it Worth the Risk?," Legal Management News, Spring 2015.
- Author, The "Not Me Too" Evidence Doctrine in Employment Law: Courts' Disparate Treatment of Employment Discrimination Cases, 92 Or. L. Rev. 545 (2013).
Presenter, "Navigating Reasonable Accommodation in the Workplace," Portland, Oregon, January 27, 2016
United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar Health Law Section
- Oregon Women Lawyers
University of Oregon School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
- Oregon Law Review, Managing Editor, 2013-2014
Lewis and Clark College
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, 2009