- Email: Ron.Payne@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 312.463.3328
- Fax: 312.345.1778
Ronald Payne is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He has extensive experience representing construction companies, trucking companies, hotels, restaurants, snow and ice removal companies, retailers, food stores, auto repossession companies, and individuals in matters involving serious and complex personal injuries and damages. Mr. Payne has also handled products liability claims and cases involving the Underground Utility Facilities Damage Prevention Act involving utility companies.
Mr. Payne has tried several cases to successful jury verdicts, as well as conducted bench trials, arbitrations, and mediations. He has an extensive background in motion practice and deposition experience. Mr. Payne also has experience in post-trial and appellate work including appellate oral arguments. Every case is unique and therefore each requires a specific individual approach.
- Argued and affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, in a case setting a new standard under Illinois law for determining when a settlement agreement becomes effective (Elustra v. Buffalo Wild Wings).
- Defense verdict in an automobile-bicycle case (English v. McLaughlin, DuPage County, IL).
- Defense verdict in premises case involving defective carpeting (Brennan v. Aguirre Building Maintenance, Cook County, IL).
- Summary judgment in a farming accident case involving a grain silo fire and suffocation injuries (Seibring, et. al. v. Decker Livestock, Iroquois County, IL).
United States District Court
Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
United States Bankruptcy Court
Northern District of Illinois
United States Court of Appeals
Southern District of Illinois as well under U.S. District Courts
Chicago Bar Association
DePaul University College of Law
Juris Doctor 2006
University of Iowa
Bachelor of Business Administration in Economics, 1997