- Email: Gregory.Oleson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 760.501.0916
- Fax: 760.771.6373
Gregory Oleson is the managing partner in the Indian Wells office of Lewis Brisbois and Co-Chair of the Real Estate, Land Use & Environment Practice and a vice-chair of the Banking & Finance Practice. Mr. Oleson is a transactional attorney who has over 20 years of experience in advising and representing clients on matters involving real estate acquisitions, divestitures, entitlements and development. His practice also includes advising lenders and borrowers on loan modifications and workouts as well as drafting commercial loan documents. Mr. Oleson has extensive experience in counseling corporations in corporate formation and governance. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as in-house counsel for a publicly traded corporation where he was responsible for mergers and acquisitions in Latin America, South America and the United States.
Mr. Oleson has a diverse real estate practice representing local, regional and national developers in all phases of commercial real estate transactions. Mr. Oleson has represented buyers and sellers of existing commercial facilities; unimproved real property for residential development; commercial development and mixed use development. He has also represented buyers who he has advised and assisted in getting real property entitled for various types of development projects including hotels, golf courses, large residential master plan communities and mixed use projects.
Mr. Oleson has extensive experience in representing both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations for commercial projects as well as long term ground leases. He has advised clients on Bureau of Indian Affairs matters, including Indian land leases and development projects on Indian land.
Corporate and Business Practices
Mr. Oleson has represented private and publicly held businesses in a wide range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, divestitures, corporate formation and governance.
Mr. Oleson represents non-conventional lenders and institutional banks in all aspects of lending, loan workouts and loan restructuring. He documents secured and unsecured loans and loan restructures and advises lenders on workout restructuring and non-performing assets.
- Representation of large east coast Insurance Company in the acquisition of $18.5 Million Dollar commercial project consisting of 7 commercial buildings;
- Representation of largest grower and distributer of palm trees in the country, in a loan workout on a $160 Million Dollar credit facility with 2 institutional lenders with shared security;
- Representation of Developer in the acquisition, entitlement and development of $35 Million Dollar hotel project;
- Representation of Seller in the sale of 40 condominium units;
- Representation of Buyer in the acquisition of 4 office buildings;
- Representation of Buyer of several commercial gasoline stations;
- Representation of Buyer of $9.5 Million Dollar mixed use office center and commercial center;
- Representation of Buyer of $6.1 Million Dollar retail center;
- Representation of largest pepper grower in the country on the acquisition of large packing plant and cold storage facility in Central California;
- Representation of Seller of Nissan Car franchise along with the sale of real property associated with dealership;
- Representation of Automotive Dealer in the acquisition of Chrysler franchise;
- Representation of Automotive Dealer in the acquisition, entitlement and development of real property for automotive franchise;
- Representation of Financial Institution in the acquisition of land for the development of branch of bank;
- Representation of Korean Lending Institution on loan transaction for commercial property in Las Vegas, Nevada;
- Representation of Seller of large mango company;
- Representation of Buyer of public golf course in Florida;
- Representation of Seller of commercial project in Lubbock, Texas;
- Representation of Buyer of $20 Million Dollar 52 acre partially developed industrial site
US District Court Central District of California
Marquette University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1993
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and History, 1989