- Email: Thomas.Oesterreich@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3100
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Thomas G. Oesterreich is the administrative partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois. Practicing since 1986, Mr. Oesterreich is an experienced trial attorney with 30 years of experience in a wide range of practice areas. Mr. Oesterreich’s practice is focused primarily on significant exposure general liability matters.
Mr. Oesterreich also handles a variety of professional liability, construction, and business tort matters.
Mr. Oesterreich’s current areas of practice emphasis with respect to commercial and general liability litigation include:
- The defense of wrongful death and catastrophic injury matters
- The representation of landowners and their agents in matters involving the sufficiency of security and the client’s potential exposure for the criminal acts of third parties
- The defense of single plaintiff toxic tort exposure cases involving a number of contaminants (asbestos, benzene, natural gas)
- The defense of major trucking companies in motor vehicle accident cases
- The defense of claims against health clubs, amusement parks and similar entities for personal injuries, including issues presented by comprehensive waivers and releases, at both the trial court and appellate level
- The representation of hotels, shopping centers, restaurants, non profit corporations and similar entities in premises liability matters
- The defense of breach of contract and construction deficiency litigation arising out of energy performance contracts
Mr. Oesterreich’s current areas of practice emphasis with respect to professional liability litigation includes the defense of insurance brokers, attorneys, accountants, actuaries and other professionals.
Mr. Oesterreich’s current areas of practice emphasis with respect to commercial transactions include drafting of governing contract language to minimize any going forward risks of exposure to the commercial client while maximizing the client’s opportunities for transferring risk to others including vendors and/or subcontractors.
Practicing since 1986, Mr. Oesterreich’s practice focuses on general liability and professional liability defense as well as insurance coverage and insurance-related litigation. Mr. Oesterreich is an experienced trial attorney with a number of jury and bench trials as well as binding and non-binding arbitrations. He specializes in the negotiation of successful resolutions of complex personal injury matters and has served as an arbitrator and mediator in these cases.
Mr. Oesterreich has authored hundreds of coverage opinions involving first and third party claims under a variety of policies, including CGL, D&O, and miscellaneous professional liability policies. He has also litigated numerous “bad faith” suits involving first party policies and third party liability policies.
- June 03, 2014 General Liability Newsletter - June, 2014
August Entertainment v. Philadelphia Indemnity (2007), Besneatte v Gourdin (1993) 16 Cal App 4th 1277, Swann v Oliver (1994) 22 Cal App 4th 1324
University Of Houston Law Center
Juris Doctor, 1986
Visiting Student-Loyola Law School, Los Angeles 1985-86
Loyola Marymount University
Bachelor of Business Administration, 1983