- Email: Kristian.Nelson@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.7861
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Kristian Nelson is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois. During his ten years in private practice, he has defend corporations, directors, officers and other professionals against claims of negligent and intentional wrongdoing. He has tried and arbitrated over 10 cases to verdict/decision. For four consecutive years, he has been selected as a Southwest Super Lawyer - Rising Star.
- Mr. Nelson practices in the areas of directors and officers litigation, securities litigation and general commercial litigation. He has litigated numerous corporate malfeasance cases and advised clients with regard to proper corporate governance.
- Mr. Nelson graduated from law school in 2006 and has spent the last ten years in private practice.
- Other areas of experience include representing licensed professionals and title underwriters and escrow companies with regard to breach of fiduciary duty and title examination matters.
- Professional Liability and Directors and Officers Case Law Update – Contributor, May 4, 2016
- Common Law and Consumer Fraud, Co-Author, Arizona Tort Law Handbook, State Bar of Arizona, 2012
- Case Alert: Insurance Bad Faith Decision Reflects Arizona’s Trend Toward a 1:1 Ratio for Punitive Damages Awards, Co-Author, Lewis Brisbois Case Alerts, May, 2012
- No Fault Insurance, Co-Author, Couch on Insurance 3d, West Group, 2008
- Bad Faith and Ethical Issues in Claims Handling Practices, Co-Presenter, Rimkus Consulting Group Conference, May 18, 2011
- Summary of Arizona Law on Directors and Officers Liability, Co-Presenter, Maricopa County Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Division, October 25, 2009
United States District Court of the District of Arizona
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (AADC)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
Awards & Honors
- Southwest Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, 2012-2015
- Full Merit Scholar, Michigan State University College of Law, 2003-2006
Michigan State University College of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2006
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science, Finance, magna cum laude, 2003