- Email: Meryl.Mills@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.281.5273
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Meryl Mills is a partner in the Denver and Los Angeles offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Her practice focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Ms. Mills specializes in counseling employers on a variety of state and federal employment law issues, including wage and hour compliance, paid sick leave laws, performance documentation and management, leaves of absence, the interactive process, hiring, and terminations. She audits and revises employee handbooks, company policies, and employment agreements.
Ms. Mills also represents employers in litigation, with particular emphasis on discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims. She appears and represents clients before administrative agencies including the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and the Colorado Civil Rights Division.
Ms. Mills has also trained employers on a number of topics, including employment law updates, a survey of legal issues affecting the workplace, performance documentation, social media, harassment prevention, and the FMLA. Ms. Mills is licensed in California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, and New York.
Related Legal Alerts
- December 18, 2017 Colorado: Updates Impacting Employers in 2018
- November 03, 2017 California Enacts a Quartet of Employment Laws Affecting Hiring Practices, Parental Leave, and Harassment Training
- October 31, 2017 Employment Law Changes Impacting Employee Handbooks
- May 24, 2017 Rigid Progressive Disciplinary Practices and Long-Term Employment May Undermine an Employee’s At-Will Status
District of Columbia
American University, Washington College of Law
Master of Environmental Management
University of Chicago
Bachelor of Arts