- Email: Meryl.Mills@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.281.5273
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Meryl Mills is an attorney in the Denver and Los Angeles offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor Practice. Her practice focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Ms. Mills specializes in counseling employers on a variety of state and federal employment law issues, including wage and hour compliance, paid sick leave laws, performance documentation and management, leaves of absence, the interactive process, hiring, and terminations. She audits and revises employee handbooks, company policies, and employment agreements.
Ms. Mills also represents employers in litigation, with particular emphasis on discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination claims. She appears and represents clients before administrative agencies including the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, and the Colorado Civil Rights Division.
Ms. Mills has also trained employers on a number of topics, including employment law updates, a survey of legal issues affecting the workplace, performance documentation, social media, harassment prevention, and the FMLA. Ms. Mills is licensed in California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, and New York.
Related Legal Alerts
- May 24, 2017 Rigid Progressive Disciplinary Practices and Long-Term Employment May Undermine an Employee’s At-Wil
- May 03, 2017 Colorado Wage Theft Transparency Act Now Makes Wage Law Violations Subject to Public Disclosure
- October 25, 2016 Colorado’s New Personnel File Law Goes Into Effect In January: Steps You Can Take Now To Prepare
- August 18, 2016 San Diego Finalizes Amendments to the Earned Sick Leave and Minimum Wage Ordinance
District of Columbia
American University, Washington College of Law
Master of Environmental Management
University of Chicago
Bachelor of Arts