- Email: Nelse.Miller@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4959
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Nelse Miller is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. She practices in New Mexico, since 1995, and California, since 2009. Her practice has a dual focus on complex personal injury and real estate/construction. Her general liability practice focuses on multi-million dollar personal injury, products liability, wrongful death, and work related accidents. Her real estate practice involves professional liability and construction defect defense, breach of fiduciary duty claims, including real estate errors and omissions for professionals. The vast majority of her cases include complex multi-defendant risk transfer and allocation, including collateral insurance coverage analysis for additional insurance issues and OCIPs. She has tried sixteen cases to verdict, fourteen of which were to a jury. In 2014, she tried a seven-week jury trial in the Superior Court of San Diego involving four fatalities and four seriously injured individuals.
Ms. Miller's practice has also focused on professional liability for legal and medical professionals.
- Gourdi v. Berkelo, 122 N.M. 675, 930 P.2d 812 (1996).
- Miller v. Triad Adoption & Counseling Servs., Inc., 133 N.M. 544, 65 P.3d 1099 (Ct. App. 2003).
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
Committee Member on the Realtors Association of New Mexico’s Forms Committee, 2006-2007
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy: Faculty Member for Trial Skills and Depositions courses
- ABA RPTE Section: Spring 2011 “Construction Contract Advice for the Transactional Attorney”
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
American Bar Association’s Section on Real Property, Trust and Estate Law (since 2003):
- Supervisory Council Member
- Chairperson, Committee on Construction and Design
- Vice-Chairperson, Real Property Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
The T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond, Virginia
Juris Doctor, 1995
The University of Virginia
Bachelor of Arts, French Language, 1990