- Email: Rolf.vonMerveldt@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2000
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Rolf J. von Merveldt, III is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He is an experienced civil litigator and has tried cases throughout Colorado involving commercial disputes, real estate, and insurance law.
- Tried multiple commercial litigation civil trials as lead attorney in Colorado District Courts, including a jury trial in Adams County District Court resulting in $550,000.00 judgment in favor California Corporation on breach of commercial lease action.
- Successfully defended commercial real estate developers in various actions including commercial loan procurement commission claims and breach of promissory note claims.
- Secured partial summary judgment in breach of contract claim involving residential real estate joint venture.
- Successfully defended residential homeowners in construction defect related fraud cases.
- Prosecuted various construction defect and real estate non-disclosure cases in District Courts throughout the State of Colorado.
- Initiated and successfully resolved breach of contract, lender liability actions involving national banking institutions in Adams County District Court, Denver County District Court, Clear Creek County District Court, Douglas County District Court, Arapahoe County District Court, Boulder County District Court, and the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Represented various national insurance companies in subrogation actions as lead counsel including products liability, construction defect, fire cause and origin, property damage, medpay, and UMBI/UIMBI subrogation claims, including twenty-four cases to trial with a nineteen and five win-loss record in jury trial and trial to court settings.
- Successfully initiated and tried quiet title actions involving boundary disputes, easements, tax lien sales, partition actions in Jefferson County District Court, Adams County District Court, Delta County District Court, and Arapahoe County District Court.
- Drafted and successfully argued appellate briefs in the Colorado Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and C.A.R. 21 Petitions in the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Managing Member, RVM Law, LLC, 2013 to 2016, Denver, Colorado.
- Associate Attorney, Moritz Law, LLC, 2011 to 2013, Denver, Colorado.
- Associate Attorney, Law Office of Roger Moore and Associates, 2009 to 2011, Denver, Colorado.
- Intern Prosecutor, 2007-2008, Office of the Johnson County District Attorney, Olathe, Kansas.
- Intern Kansas House of Representatives, 2006-2007.
- Alliance Defense Fund Fellowship, 2005.
- Executive Office of the Governor of Florida, Office of Citizens Services, 2004.
United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Awards & Honors
- Washburn College of Law Dean's Honors
- Moot Court: Lester M. Goodall Oral Advocacy Finalist
- Top Papers: Legal Writing I, Energy Regulation
- University of Kansas Honor Roll
- All Big-Twelve Conference Track and Field Team 800 meters
- Jayhawk Scholar (Outstanding Scholar/Athlete)
- Runner-Up, Kansas State Class 6A 800 meters 1996
Washburn University College of Law
Juris Doctor, May 2008
University of Kansas
Bachelor of Arts Spanish, May 2001