- Email: Jennifer.McLellan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2048
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Jennifer McLellan is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois. Her practice focuses on corporate, securities, commercial, and real estate law. Jennifer represents local and national companies in a wide range of matters, including business transactions and contracts; operating agreements; merger, acquisition, and sale agreements; and government and internal investigations. She has experience advising clients on securities law compliance, specifically matters relating to the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and has developed and implemented compliance programs. Jennifer has also represented clients in government investigations initiated by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission.
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and earned a certificate in Corporate and Commercial Law. During law school, she served as a Senior Editor on the Denver University Law Review, and as a contributor to The Race to the Bottom, a blog analyzing the laws and regulatory measures that govern today’s corporations. Jennifer volunteered at Alpine Legal Services, a non-profit legal assistance agency in the Roaring Fork Valley, and also served as a law clerk for a Denver-based firm, gaining experience in civil and commercial litigation. Prior to transferring to the University of Denver in her second year, Jennifer attended the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, where she served on the Maryland Law Review and was a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition Team. Jennifer received her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from Tulane University.
- January 16, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Closes Oil & Gas Terminal Acquisitions
An Appraisal of Appraisal Rights in Delaware, 92 Denv. U. L. Rev. Online 109, 2015
- Defended a company under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) for alleged violations of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Assessed legality of client’s business practices with respect to the federal securities laws and drafted Securities Law Compliance Policy for compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and the Investment Company Act of 1940. Performed extensive document review to respond to numerous subpoenas, and participated in related discussions with the SEC.
- Represented a company in the acquisition of oil and gas terminal facility assets for a combined purchase price of approximately $51 million. The successful purchase resulted from a Section 363 auction and sale conducted in bankruptcy proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. Advised company on all aspects of the transactions, including due diligence, and drafted numerous contracts and sale agreements.
- Represented a $35 billion company involved in a lawsuit brought by the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) to block the planned merger of two competitors due to antitrust concerns. Worked successfully with the FTC in the process.
- Provided emerging company with advice on federal and state securities laws and assisted company with compliance thereof, including filing Form Ds with the SEC and meeting the requirements of numerous applicable state regulatory authorities.
- Represented a tax resolution service in a matter involving the alleged unauthorized practice of law.
- Represented a company in real estate and development transactions, including review of purchase and sale agreements, clearing title issues, and performing due diligence.
- Represented a national servicer of residential and commercial mortgages in a condemnation proceeding.
- Defended a company in an easement dispute and appeared in county court. Drafted the proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law, which the judge fully agreed with in his ruling.
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, CO
Juris Doctor, Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate, 2015
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 2012