- Email: Jennifer.McLellan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1325
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Jennifer McLellan is an associate in the New York and Denver offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate, Securities Litigation & FINRA, and Commercial Litigation Practices. Ms. McLellan represents public and private companies in a wide range of matters, including business formation and governance; mergers and acquisitions; commercial and operations contracts; securities law compliance; government and internal investigations; and commercial litigation.
Ms. McLellan earned a certificate in Corporate and Commercial Law from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. She served as a Senior Editor on the Denver University Law Review, and as a contributor to The Race to the Bottom, a blog analyzing the laws and regulatory measures that govern today’s corporations. Prior to transferring to the University of Denver, Ms. McLellan attended the University of Maryland Carey School of Law, where she was a Staff Editor on the Maryland Law Review and was also a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition Team.
- January 16, 2017 Lewis Brisbois Closes Oil & Gas Terminal Acquisitions
An Appraisal of Appraisal Rights in Delaware, 92 Denv. U. L. Rev. Online 109, 2015.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a company in the acquisition of oil and gas terminal facility assets for a combined purchase price of approximately $51 million. Advised company on all aspects of the transactions, including due diligence, and drafted numerous contracts and sale agreements.
- Represented a creative production and software company in connection with the sale of certain of its assets to a private equity firm. Handled various aspects of the transaction, including due diligence and disclosure schedules.
- Represented a company in real estate and development transactions, including review of purchase and sale agreements, clearing title issues, and performing due diligence.
Securities and Commercial Litigation Matters
- Defended a company under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Assessed legality of client’s business practices with respect to the federal securities laws and drafted Securities Law Compliance Policy for compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and the Investment Company Act of 1940. Performed extensive document review to respond to numerous subpoenas, and participated in related discussions with the SEC.
- Provided several U.S. companies with advice on federal and state securities laws and assisted companies with compliance thereof, including filing Form Ds with the SEC and meeting the requirements of numerous state regulatory authorities.
- Advised a Fortune 500 oil exploration and refining company in a federal lawsuit brought by the Federal Trade Commission seeking to enjoin a merger between Staples Inc. and Office Depot Inc. due to antitrust concerns. Participated in related discussions with regulators.
- Represented a national servicer of residential and commercial mortgages in a condemnation proceeding.
- Represented a tax resolution service in a matter involving the alleged unauthorized practice of law.
- Defended a company in an easement dispute and appeared in county court.
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, CO
Juris Doctor, Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate, 2015
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 2012