- Email: David.Martin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.966.3136
- Fax: 714.850.1030
David Martin is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois. He specializes in employment law and commercial litigation. Mr. Martin’s practice is dedicated to defending employers and businesses. He is known for his intellectual aggressiveness, accurate evaluation of cases, and early case resolution strategies.
Mr. Martin’s representative cases include the following:
- Defense verdict in jury trial involving claims of harassment where plaintiff alleged $6.5M in damages.
- Summary Judgment for contractor where plaintiff sought more than $10M in damages.
- Successfully argued before the Second District Court of Appeal, which upheld prior dismissal with prejudice.
Mr. Martin’s clients include Fortune 500 companies and other large businesses located in Southern California. Mr. Martin is an Associate Director of Wescom Central Credit Union based in Pasadena. He is a governing board member of Irvine Valley College Foundation, where he serves on its executive committee.
Mr. Martin frequently gives presentations on employment matters. He has written numerous articles that were published in the Daily Journal and the Orange County Lawyer.
- Co-Author, Public Entities and The Claim Presentation Statute — Accept, Reject, Provide Notice, or Do Nothing,? Orange County Lawyer, July 2016
- Co-Author, Broker, Advisor, or Both? When An Expanded Duty Will Be Imposed, Orange County Lawyer, January 2015
- Co-Author, The Broker As Advisor: When Courts Impose a Duty to Recommend Coverage, Journal of American Law, Fall 2014
- Co-Author, How Municipalities Can Avoid Having Their Repair Criteria Used Against Them, The Trivial Defect Doctrine, July 2014
- Author, Defending Section 1983: Excessive Force Claims, Orange County Lawyer, October 2012
- Co-Author, Social Media Boom Creates New Sources of Liability for Employers, The Daily Journal, September 18, 2012
- Speaker, League of California Cities 2016 City Clerks New Law & Elections Seminar: ‘Subpoenas – We’ve Been Served! Now What?’, Monterey Bay, CA, December 1, 2016
- Southern California City Clerk Association, Annual Meeting, Keynote Speaker – “Claims, Lawsuits, Subpoenas and Summons”, January 21, 2016
Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Wescom Central Credit Union, Associate Director
- Irvine Valley College Foundation, Governing Board Member
- Co-Founder of the UCLA Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Police Defense Foundation
- UCLA Law School Reunion Committee
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers Magazine “Southern California Rising Star”, 2014
University of California Los Angeles School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2007
- Founder and President of the UCLA Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2004
- University Honors, 2004
- Edwin S. Hinckley Scholar
- Humane Studies Fellow