- Email: Robert.Lydford@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.1070
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Robert Lydford is an associate in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He focuses his practice in the areas of general liability, premises liability and professional liability. Robert's diverse background has allowed him to serve a broad spectrum of clients. Prior to attending law school, Robert served in the New York Army National Guard as a Medical Specialist and worked as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a leading manufacturer of commercial yard products.
- Representing homeowners, landlords, retail stores, local businesses and maintenance contractors in defense of premises liability claims.
- Representing real estate agents and appraisers in defense of negligent misrepresentation, breach of contract and fraud claims stemming from real estate transactions.
- Representing truck drivers and trucking companies in defense of personal injury and property damage claims.
- Representing property owners, construction managers, general contractors and subcontractors in defense of construction accident claims.
- Representing individuals and large corporations in defense of a variety of personal injury, negligence claims.
- Representing product manufacturers in defense of product liability claims.
Prior to law school, Robert worked as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for Briggs and Stratton Yard Power Products Group, Ferris Industries plant in Munnsville, New York.
New York Army National Guard, Medical Specialist/Sergeant 1993-2002
- Onondaga County New York Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyer Project representing tenants in Landlord Tenant Court 2009-2013.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Volunteer 1994-2003.
United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
United States District Court for the Western District of New York
United States District Court of Arizona
Awards & Honors
- Empire State Counsel Award, New York State Bar Association 2012 for providing over fifty hours of pro bono legal services.
- Liberty Resources Victims of Violence Program, Recognized as one of Madison County New York's "10 Most Wanted Men" for functioning as an adoptive father in an effort to end the cycle of domestic violence, 2000.
- New York Army National Guard, Aid to Civil Authorities Medal, 1998.
- Army Achievement Medal, 1996.
Syracuse University College of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Justinian Honor Society, Order of the Coif, 2009
State University of New York Institute of Technology
Masters of Science in Business Management, PAR Technology Award for Outstanding Graduate, 2004
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science in Finance, summa cum laude, Zion's Bank Outstanding Graduate in Finance, Clark Foundation Scholar, 1992