- Email: Helen.Luetto@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5550
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Helen M. Luetto is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice. With more than twenty-five years of trial practice experience in California, her primary practice areas include environmental litigation, product liability, toxic tort including asbestos, and insurance bad faith defense.
She is also a member of the Employment & Labor Practice focusing her employment work on the representation of car dealerships and small business in all aspects of employment and business litigation, including defending claims for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, defamation, and unfair business practice.
In addition, she has experience in a wide variety of practice areas including as insurance coverage, fraudulent claims, catastrophic personal injury, medical marijuana, medical and legal malpractice. She has resolved numerous matters prior to trial by way of successful motions for summary judgment, binding arbitration and mediation. Helen prepares presentations and speaks in national conferences on current topics related to her practice areas. She is Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated.
- March 30, 2017 Calif. Team Prevails in Asbestos Appeal
- Served as trial counsel in asbestos matters for manufacturers and distributors of asbestos cement pipe, dry wall products and friction products as well as contractors and premises owners.
- Defended companies and individuals in State, Federal and Appellate courts involving toxic tort matters including asbestos, mold, benzene and other chemical exposures.
- Defended Environmental Professionals and contractors and others in bio-aerosol/mold litigation.
- Defended multiple national insurance companies in both first and third party bad faith litigation actions involving both commercial and personal lines.
- Successfully defended a novel products liability action filed against a retailer by a medical marijuana cooperative.
- Significant jury and non-jury trial and arbitration experience in the State of California including multiple defense results including one on behalf of a national top-three insurer.
- Negotiated hundreds of settlements in cases involving demands of at least seven figures.
Hartford Fire Ins. Co. v. Macri (1992) 4 Cal.4th 318 , 14 Cal.Rptr.2d 813; 842 P.2d 112
- "Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference: Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation", Panel Moderator, Beverly Hills, CA (March 2012)
- "Recent Developments in Asbestos Litigation", Warren, NJ (October 2010)
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Honors
Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated
Western State University College School of Law
California State University, Fullerton
Bachelor of Arts