- Email: Geoffrey.Lottenberg@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.828.0357
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Geoffrey Lottenberg is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice. Mr. Lottenberg focuses his practice on intellectual property procurement and enforcement, business and technology law, and complex commercial litigation.
Mr. Lottenberg represents clients in connection with Federal and State intellectual property, technology, and complex commercial litigation matters, including bringing and defending claims of patent infringement, trademark infringement, false designation of origin, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and tortious interference.
Mr. Lottenberg is an experienced registered patent attorney with a background in mechanical engineering. His patent practice concentrates on mechanical, electrical, software, and business method arts. In addition to prosecuting patents before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Geoffrey manages large foreign patent portfolios under the Patent Cooperation Treaty. He also regularly renders patentability, validity, infringement, and freedom-to-operate opinions. Mr. Lottenberg handles all aspects of trademark prosecution and procurement including clearance opinions and the preparation and maintenance of Federal and State trademark applications and registrations.
Along side his lively intellectual property procurement and litigation practice, Mr. Lottenberg negotiates and drafts trademark, copyright, and patent license agreements, assignments, asset transfers, Internet and software-as-a-service terms and conditions, privacy policies, and general business and technology contracts.
Mr. Lottenberg enjoys working with clients of all sizes including individual inventors, start-ups, well-known brands, heavy industry, high-technology firms, and large corporations.
Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc. v. Shaw Rose Nets, LLC, 597 F.3d 1374 (Fed. Cir. 2010)
Registered Patent Attorney
- U.S. Patent No. 9,273,653 for "Intake Manifold"
- U.S. Patent No. 9,122,920 for “Digital Manifold Gauge with Integral Pressure Temperature Algorithms and Rotatable Display Means”
- U.S. Patent No. 9,043,161 for “Modular System and Methodology for Testing and Measurement”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,978,394 for “Convertible Refrigerant Recovery, Recycle, and Recharge System”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,186,230 for “System and Method for Airflow Sensing and Monitoring”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,511,856 for “LED Device Having Printable Layer”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,517,466 for "Convertible Boat Seat”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,567,333 for “Protective Boat Rub Rail System”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,628,491 for “Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt Device”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,661,580 for “Patient Positioning Device”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,701,906 for “Ingredient Dispensing Cap for Mixing Beverages with Push-Pull Drinking Spout”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,739,494 for “Composite Concrete and Framing System and Method for Building Construction”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,740,297 for “Seat with Reversible Seat Back”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,768,429 for "Internal Bleeding Detection Apparatus”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,926,154 for “LED Device Having Printable Layer and Retention Feature”
- U.S. Patent No. D716,362 for “Aerodynamic Fairing for Audiovisual Device”
United States Patent and Trademark Office
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Awards & Honors
Super Lawyers Rising Star Selection 2014-2016
University of Miami School of Law
University of Florida