- Email: Jonna.Lothyan@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 619.699.4914
- Fax: 619.233.8627
Jonna Lothyan is an associate in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, ADA Compliance & Defense Practice and Appellate Practice. Her practice focuses on civil appeals, writs and civil litigation. Ms. Lothyan is admitted to practice before all the courts in California. Ms. Lothyan’s appellate cases include medical malpractice, elder law, products liability, general liability, professional liability, employment law, business law and contracts. In addition, Ms. Lothyan provides strategic advice to clients and trial counsel with respect to significant trial court motions and post-trial matters where an appellate challenge is anticipated. Ms. Lothyan also works on civil litigation cases. Ms. Lothyan's litigation cases involve civil rights violations, personal injury, premises liability and general liability matters.
Prior to passing the bar and during law school, Ms. Lothyan was a law clerk with Lewis Brisbois where she drafted various appellate briefs and petitions for writ of mandate, Ms. Lothyan also drafted trial briefs, memoranda, and motions in civil litigation cases.
She prevailed on summary judgment based on the primary assumption of the risk doctrine in a negligence action arising from a motocross accident.
- August 27, 2015 New CA Court of Appeal Opinion Re: Attorney-Client Conspiracy Statute
- August 20, 2015 CA Court of Appeal Opinion re Causation in Legal Malpractice Action
- May 08, 2015 New Court of Appeal Opinion Re: Anti-SLAPP Motion and Mixed Causes of Action
- May 08, 2015 New CA Court of Appeal Opinion Regarding Mediation Confidentiality
- December 08, 2016 Calif. Team Prevails in Appeal Against Insurance Agent
- October 25, 2016 Calif. Team Prevails in Defamation Appeal
- Anderson v. Ouellette (Jan. 30, 2015, 37-2014-83922-CU-PO-NC) prevailed on motion for summary judgment based on primary assumption of the risk doctrine.
- Davis v. Superior Court of Orange County (Sept. 16, 2013, G048804) Writ: Alternative writ issued from the trial court’s order denying defendant’s motion to quash service of summons.
- Ha v. Oscar Ginjeff Corporation dba Gold Crest Retirement Center (July 9, 2013, G048683) settlement after full briefing on the merits on the appeal.
All courts in California
Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2014
Bachelor of Arts Psychology, 2010