- Email: Bryan.Leifer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.680.5179
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Bryan Leifer is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Class Action & Mass Tort, Consumer Litigation Defense & Financial Services, and Bankruptcy & Insolvency Practices. He has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts. He has argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the California Court of Appeal on numerous occasions, acting as lead counsel at both the appellate and trial court levels. He has served as lead defense counsel in putative class actions in state and federal courts.
Mr. Leifer has represented creditors in all aspects of Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases, including adversary proceedings. His prior experience includes representation of interested parties in state and federal criminal fraud and money laundering matters.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Leifer was an Analyst/Researcher at the International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism in Herzilya, Israel. In that capacity, he focused on analyzing terrorist activities in Southeast Asia, where his published findings were utilized by several Southeast Asian governments as well as by the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School.
- August 30, 2016 A Look At Spokeo’s Impact On Consumer Financial Litigation
- September 01, 2016 Class Action & Mass Tort Newsletter: Volume 2 - September 1, 2016
- Obtained summary judgment on numerous cases representing Fortune 500 companies.
- Representation of lenders and other interested parties in state and federal criminal white collar fraud cases, including representation as to asset forfeiture issues.
- Lead defense counsel on federal and state putative class action lawsuits.
- Prevailed on a multitude of bankruptcy adversary proceedings in addition to creditor representation in all bankruptcy courts in California.
- Successfully argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals as well as arguments before the California Court of Appeal, First, Second, and Fourth Appellate Districts.
- Counsel in over 100 federal civil, bankruptcy, and criminal cases.
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
All California federal district courts
All California federal bankruptcy courts
- California State Bar
- Washington State Bar
Awards & Honors
- Named a Rising Star by Southern California Super Lawyers®, 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Extern clerk to the Honorable Judge Arthur Alarcon of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
UCLA School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- Law Review: Chief Comments Editor, Journal of International Law & Foreign Affairs
Master of Arts in Government/International Politics
University of California at Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, summa cum laude