- Email: Paul.Lee@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5536
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Paul Y. Lee is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and is a member of the Professional Liability Practice. In addition to his professional liability practice, Paul has a diverse background litigating a wide variety of complex tort matters and business disputes. He has successfully litigated various product liability and toxic tort cases that involve a variety of products, including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, consumer products and industrial equipment. He also has successfully handled numerous high stakes matters involving breach of contract, unfair competition, fraud, commercial claims and business torts. Many of Paul’s cases have resulted in judgments in favor of his clients.
Paul serves as an Arbitrator for the Orange County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program, and Board Member of the Orange County Korean American Bar Association. In his free time, he enjoys his family, travel, and daily walks with Juneau, a handsome husky.
Bank of America v. Allstate Insurance Company, 29 F.Supp.2d 1129 (C.D.Cal.1998)
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Orange County Bar Association, Tort & Trials and Business Litigation Sections
- Orange County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, Board Member
Awards & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- OC Register Metro Magazine, “Top Attorneys” (2012, 2013 and 2015)
University of Pennsylvania
Washington University in St. Louis
Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
- Successfully defended manufacturer of automated parking gate arm system in four separate injury lawsuits resulting in outright dismissals of two of the suits and favorable settlements of the others. Following successful outcomes in the first three matters, the client retained Paul for a fourth matter even though the case was filed outside California.
- Achieved dismissal of defendant client in a consolidated toxic tort action involving approximately 200 plaintiffs pursuant to a successful demurrer based on statute of limitations grounds. The dismissal was upheld by the California Court of Appeal.
- Obtained judgment in favor of a surgical lubricant manufacturer charged with manufacturing defective lubricant causing severe infections and allergic reactions.
- Obtained dismissals of multiple products liability actions following successful motions to quash service of summonses and complaints, including attempted service of process against two German clients.
- Obtained voluntary dismissals of multiple products liability cases, including ones brought against a pharmaceutical manufacturer and industrial equipment manufacturer, after summary judgment motions were filed.
- Achieved a de minimus, nuisance settlement on behalf of a food flavoring manufacturer client charged with causing serious, obstructive lung disease requiring lung transplantations even though multiple other named defendants each paid seven figures pursuant to settlement or judgment.
- Obtained judgment in favor of a publicly traded environmental remediation firm charged with negligent cleanup of hydrocarbon contamination. Plaintiff appealed but the California Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment.
- Achieved a de minimus settlement on behalf of a lessee in a multimillion dollar lawsuit brought by a landlord seeking damages for contamination of the land allegedly caused by the client’s activities on the property, including leaking underground storage tanks.
- Obtained judgment in favor of a Fortune 500 client involving the interpretation of the Uniform Commercial Code which established new precedent and resulted in a published federal court opinion addressing the negotiation of a forged instrument.
- Obtained judgment in favor of defendant client in a multimillion dollar breach of contract action after complex litigation which included a deposition in Italy pursuant to the Hague Convention.
- Successfully defended a seven figure breach of contract action against a physician client which resulted in the opposing plaintiff paying the client’s attorney’s fees and costs to resolve the matter.
- Achieved seven figure settlement in favor of plaintiff client in a breach of contract action involving the construction of a storage facility in Hawaii.